Am I the only one who has noticed.....

Ladybug09

So Sweet!
O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
That they don't really watch much LIVE television anymore?????

I have certain shows that I MUST watch live, as I live to live post (on the Forum) about them...but I find myself watching more and more recorded/taped/DVR'd shows.....I like the fact that I can fast forward though the commercials, and if a segment of the show is uninteresting to me, I fast forward through those also.

I have many shows that I record during the day, I feel like I'm exhausted just from playing catch up!:smile:

Only thing I ever watch live is Celebrity Apprentice (and LOST when it was on). Everything else gets DVRed, especially since I watch a lot of shows with my hubby and he has weird work hours.

what TV I watch is live as I don't have TiVO or a DVR. There is so much dreck on the basic expanded cable that I am already paying a fortune for that I am seriously considering cancelling the TV portion of my service. I can get most things online and I spend more time watching stuff on Netflix anyway.
On the first page of this forum there is not one single show that I watch. Outside of TC and PR that are usually relegated to page 2.

I watch Scandal live...I cannot stand waiting on that show. I look forward to it all do so don't want to wait any longer. And Catfish live because my sister and I have to talk about all the outrageous stuff that goes on.

But I LOVE my DVR!!!! I was thinking one day, how did I ever watch TV before without it? I love being able to fast-forward through commercials or go back and catch something I missed. I don't know what this will do to advertising...I'm hoping it doesn't affect cable rates!

Yep, if I ever watch live it's still a 1/2 hour later so I can still breeze through the commercials!

I do that too! I'll turn on my tv and pause it while I go make dinner, then come back and get to fast forward through the commercials. :smile:

I hate that some of the on demand shows disable the FF option... so now I have to rearrange my DVR based on that. :P

Pretty much the only thing I watch live is sports, aside from that everything is DVRed. But even sports I'll sometimes DVR, let them cook for about 20 min or so and then start, that way I can skip commercials and am caught up to live around halftime etc.

I don't watch anything live. I just can't stand sitting through the commercials. Only problem is now I'm getting so lazy that I hate to have to keep grabbing the remote to fast forward through the commercials. It's also a real challenge to stop the fast forward at the right moment when the show comes back on. Talk about needing to get a life!!