Am I the only one who has noticed.....

Ladybug09

So Sweet!
O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
Born in the USA
That they don't really watch much LIVE television anymore?????

I have certain shows that I MUST watch live, as I live to live post (on the Forum) about them...but I find myself watching more and more recorded/taped/DVR'd shows.....I like the fact that I can fast forward though the commercials, and if a segment of the show is uninteresting to me, I fast forward through those also.

I have many shows that I record during the day, I feel like I'm exhausted just from playing catch up!:smile:

coronita

Sipping ginger ale
O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
Jersey
Only thing I ever watch live is Celebrity Apprentice (and LOST when it was on). Everything else gets DVRed, especially since I watch a lot of shows with my hubby and he has weird work hours.

lil_peanut

Orange Lotus FTW
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
Yep, if I ever watch live it's still a 1/2 hour later so I can still breeze through the commercials!

Sassys

Please get some Common Sense
O.G.
May 14, 2006
NYC
Only things I watch live is Scandal and RH of ATL (so that I can talk with you guys, while we all watch together).

poopsie

How Sentimental
O.G.
Jan 14, 2009
Where the wild things are
what TV I watch is live as I don't have TiVO or a DVR. There is so much dreck on the basic expanded cable that I am already paying a fortune for that I am seriously considering cancelling the TV portion of my service. I can get most things online and I spend more time watching stuff on Netflix anyway.
On the first page of this forum there is not one single show that I watch. Outside of TC and PR that are usually relegated to page 2.

ClassicFab

the shade of it all
Jun 2, 2011
I watch Scandal live...I cannot stand waiting on that show. I look forward to it all do so don't want to wait any longer. And Catfish live because my sister and I have to talk about all the outrageous stuff that goes on.

But I LOVE my DVR!!!! I was thinking one day, how did I ever watch TV before without it? I love being able to fast-forward through commercials or go back and catch something I missed. I don't know what this will do to advertising...I'm hoping it doesn't affect cable rates!

SunglassLove

Troublemaker!
O.G.
Jan 26, 2009
Chicago
Yep, if I ever watch live it's still a 1/2 hour later so I can still breeze through the commercials!
I do that too! I'll turn on my tv and pause it while I go make dinner, then come back and get to fast forward through the commercials. :smile:

I hate that some of the on demand shows disable the FF option... so now I have to rearrange my DVR based on that. :P

Aug 14, 2009
Pretty much the only thing I watch live is sports, aside from that everything is DVRed. But even sports I'll sometimes DVR, let them cook for about 20 min or so and then start, that way I can skip commercials and am caught up to live around halftime etc.

grace04

^Love My Brit^
O.G.
Jan 1, 2009
In the middle
I don't watch anything live. I just can't stand sitting through the commercials. Only problem is now I'm getting so lazy that I hate to have to keep grabbing the remote to fast forward through the commercials. It's also a real challenge to stop the fast forward at the right moment when the show comes back on. Talk about needing to get a life!!

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
Admin
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
In the moment
I can only watch HBO and Showtime, live. Anything else is recorded. It's almost painful to sit through commercials now.

Cindi

My baby, Bellis
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
PA USA
There is no way I could watch American Idol if I had to sit through commercials. A 2 hour show is about 45 mins without commercials.