Am I the only one who DOESN'T adore Bays?!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. PLEASE don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore her on other people and whenever I see someone carrying her I do that involuntary stare'n'drool thing... But I just can't make her work for/on me. The straps are too thin for me and dig in, and the flap's a bit of a nuisance to get into... I so want to love her and dream of a yummy choc Bays all of my own, but it ain't happening. Everyone seems to have at least one and I feel like the uncool kid who sits at the back of the class! :biggrin:

2. Nope I know how you feel. I have a choco ivy bays that i've used once!! She doesn't quite fit on my shoulder with a coat and like you i'm not keen on the 'flap'. Thing is she is so lovely i can't part with her. I'm hoping i grow into her one day!!!!

3. I'm not a lover of the Bays either, but like you, I love the look of them on other ladies. Perhaps I'm just... well... not a lady!

4. No you are not alone, I love Bays but nobody around me appreciate it and I can accept that! Make me happier to be tPFer :P so that I can share the joy & honest opinion!

5. :biggrin:
    I'm the same!! When I first discovered Mulberry a few years back I quickly came to the conclusion that generally us Mulberryettes fit into two categories - the Bayswater Girl and the Roxy Girl, the former being the more ladylike and 'classic' of the two. Looking at your 'family' I think you may agree with my little theory!
    That said I do love my little Ledbury - I was going to rehome her but not sure I can go through with it! - she's great for days when I want to pretend to be a grown-up laydee. But generally, for me it's the Roxy 'gene pool' bags all the way!
    Maybe I too will one day grow into those yummy Bays too Jo... For now though I think I'm just too immature! :biggrin:

6. I'm the opposite , I LOVE my Bays , infact all my bags are a similar shape . I have a few less structured bags and never use them .

7. i was like that at first thought it was way to posh a bag for me i have 2 a vintage oak one and a denim fabric large bays . both i dont use much carried the oak once and not carried the denim, but i dont think i could part with either

8. Absolutely!! Bays suit me and my lifestyle really well and fit into the preppy look that I like. However although I like the look of Roxys (only in oak tbh) I tried one in a shop and found it such a faff to get into etc and went off them straight away!! I find them a bit busy to look at too, although now I have the cc a4 tote so can't really say that now...:biggrin:

9. I guess I am a Baysgirl. Can't stand the roxy type of bags. They just don't feel comfortable

10. I must be well weird then. I don't do Roxy's either!!!! i'm a jacquetta/phoebe lass!!!! Like my bags with curves!!!!

11. i'm a Roxy & Bays girl! LOL

First fell in love with Roxy, Roxy tote, Rosemary (now leaving...)
    Now have a Bays obsession have oak & black, want stone, Choco, oak printed, navy patent...can go on & on...
    Love both styles!

12. That theory's been blown out of the water then!!! hehe

13. I love the classic styles of both Bays and Roxy too. Yes, they can be fiddly with the top but they are such attractive bags, that I can forgive them for that...:biggrin:

14. I love both... and the round shapes too... :nuts:

In the beginning I liked the look of bays best on others. Thought they would look a bit too classic on me. Or doing me more classic looking than I prefered(can I put it this way?). I like and liked the pockets and the more rugged style on the roxy and similar bags. Annie, roxy and emmy were my first three favourites - although ended up with Hanover as my first bag - round in shape and less pockets/cleaner shape.. but then emmy came just a week after..

For me I think I had to get my first bag(s) with pockets, then I also was ready for the more classic styles too (and bags with a 'twist'). Now I want more bays.. but also another roxy.. and for the round shape, I'll have the Daria hobo

15. I love the Bays, I think it is a style that stays interesting. Maybe it's because it is a classic that is constantly changing: leathers, colours, textures etc. As the style is simple, all these changes suit it. The Roxy easily becomes "too busy" with these changes.

The "collector part" of me dreams of a huge collection of different Bayswaters, but as I very rarely use it as an everyday bag (I prefer slightly smaller bags for daily use), I will try to pick a couple of very special ones. I adore my black and fuchsia ones and I am hoping to get one in a beautifully coloured patent leather and another one in suede.

Some day :smile:...