Am I the only one that hates flap bags?

I used to really hate the flaps, I always thought they looked rather matronly :sad:.......but then I grew to love them. I only have one, a black Jumbo Black Caviar......but I know it's just a matter of time before I get more!!!! :yes::P

I think they're easy to get in and out of, and I don't carry a lot either....maybe that makes a difference? :shrugs:

i am actually on the verge of being a Chanel bag collector rather than only a Chanel bag buyer :P (i know, am a sick girl lol) and, although always a big tote girl, had to have one flap..............the classic jumbo caviar in winter white...............the classicness makes it a necessity for me but only one, that's enough to satisfy the "member of the flap club" thing...............actually, i wish they made a super jumbo size; i.e., 14-15" long..................then i would be in major trouble lol

...............actually, i wish they made a super jumbo size; i.e., 14-15" long..................then i would be in major trouble lol
Me too!

I used to have a super oversize flap and it did start to look a bit like a school bag, but really, large is never large enough for me when it comes to bags.

I only have one medium flap and it is a little difficult to get in and out of, that said I find every handbag I have, Chanel, LV whatever has some kind of issue I deal with because I love the way it looks!

I'm a "big bag" girl and I only like the totes for the time being. But I can maybe see myself getting a flap later on down the road. For now, I'm all about the large bags though!
I'm with you on this - They are beautiful and classic but they don't fit my personal life style - I prefer the totes and large bags.

I see so many beautiful Chanel bags, all flaps. I hate flaps for my needs. To me they are too hard to get in and out and then I think my stuff will fall out and I will get a mark on where the leather folds for the flap. I love tote bags and shoulder bags but there is not a hugs selection of bags that catch my eye. I see all these pretty flap bags and think why can't they do more in the bowler style or anything with a zipper on top. Just my opinion.

I am right there with you, and while I adore Chanel and flap bags on others they are a PITA. <~~~~~ IF I had to wear them, that is. I need a good size bag that is easy to get in and out of. :smile:

I think Flap bag seems to be a chanel icon bag. I think it is classic and cute but sometimes people always said it looks old. Personally, it looks great on older people. I ever want a classic flap loads but lastly I'm happy that I haven't bought one yet. I may get it when am getting older but this time I love bag that looks casual but not elegance.

Most of my Chanel bags are from sport, traveller and cruise collection so now I may not be a fan of those classic style.

LOVE flaps! I find them so easy to get in and out of. Especially the CC closure. The Mademoiselle closure is a little tricker (reissues). I have flaps in a few colors. I have caviar, lambskin, and reissues. Love and cant get enough of em. I'd love to get navy blue patent and beige/gold too!

I only have one flap, the blush patent, and that will probably be my only one. I couldn't resist the color, but I do find it a bit troublesome to get in and out of. I am a tote girl and I love big bags!

I want to "collect" them (bad idea!), but I'm not trained yet to comfortably use them! I'm a big bag person who could stand to broaden her horizons. My transition bag is the expandable flap. I went in to buy something else, and just fell in love with this bag when I saw it. Does that count?

I see so many beautiful Chanel bags, all flaps. I hate flaps for my needs. To me they are too hard to get in and out and then I think my stuff will fall out and I will get a mark on where the leather folds for the flap. I love tote bags and shoulder bags but there is not a hugs selection of bags that catch my eye. I see all these pretty flap bags and think why can't they do more in the bowler style or anything with a zipper on top. Just my opinion.

Oh yes, I totally understand. Ofcourse there is a big difference between what looks good and what feels good. I adore the look of this bag, but it is hideous to use. But that's also because I don't like small bags.

I may be in the minority, but I don't find my flap hard to get in to. I have the CC closure and in my mind, it isn't any harder than having to zip/unzip a bag all the time. I don't know if it's just me or what but it just doesn't bother me. I've also not ever had anything fall out.