Am I the only one that hates flap bags?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I see so many beautiful Chanel bags, all flaps. I hate flaps for my needs. To me they are too hard to get in and out and then I think my stuff will fall out and I will get a mark on where the leather folds for the flap. I love tote bags and shoulder bags but there is not a hugs selection of bags that catch my eye. I see all these pretty flap bags and think why can't they do more in the bowler style or anything with a zipper on top. Just my opinion.

2. The only thing I don't like about flaps are those ones with a double flap, really can't be bothered with that thats why I brought an E/W instead of a medium.

3. hate is such a strong word!
    I don't prefer flaps at all. . . I never agree when people here say "everyone should own a Classic Flap" because they're not right for everyone.

That said, I do own the Luxe Flap and it's not at all difficult to get in/out of and because it has a magnet inside, nothing falls out.
    I'd LOVE to own a python flap even though I am not a flap fan becasue it would be more for special occasion for me.
    I am a tote girl at heart and don't see that changing, but I don't "hate" flaps :P

4. I have a few flaps, but I only use them for dressy occasions. I love totes and hobos for the easy access!

5. I'm not a big flap fan either. But I do own the bag in my avatar which I don't use for everyday. Going in and out of that flap all the time would drive me crazy!! I can handle it for a night out though or lunch with my GFs.

6. I use to feel that way, now I love them and want one in every color. They are just so feminine and you get use to the flap.

7. im not going to say too much bc i LOVE the classic flaps and i plan on owning more in the future. i told my DH i will never part with them and i want to be buried with them when i die........rofl...:roflmfao::roflmfao: :roflmfao:

hate is such a strong word!!

8. 5 of my 7 bags are flaps... gillianna has a point they are hard to get in/out of , but it's all taking getting used to. i love the shape the style, the colors! the single flaps are fine the double flaps are hard, but i must admit i bought them for look and style not so much functionality.. :love:

9. To each their own, but their the only CHANEL bag that I absolutely love (classic flaps and the reissue.) I can appreciate the others, but I prefer classics.

10. i love the classic flaps, love everything about it, the twist lock, the shape, the little details of the pockets. I only wish they made a size in between the med and the jumbo. i will love my med. blk caviar w/ gold HW flap for a long time.

11. I def. don't like flaps, I love the Chanel totes. I thoughtI was the only one actually. I felt the fact that I didn't like the classic flap meant that I wasn't a true Chanel fan. But I am...I'm obsessed with Chanel.....glad I'm not the only one who doesn't prefer the flap....although if someone were to say, "here, I don't want this anymore" I would never say "no! it's ugly!" if ya know what I mean. I would be happy w/ anything Chanel....

12. I am the opposite, I LOVE flaps and never buy totes. I have never been a tote person, most likely b/c I never carry that much with me, so the flaps work perfect for me.

I do find the GST and PST beautiful though, yet everytime I am deciding whether to buy either, I buy a flap.

13. Up til recently, I only bought flaps. I love 'em and wasn't too thrilled with totes. I recently got a huge caviar tote on ebay and now I'm in love! I do agree that the flaps can be pain to get into but the totes seem the other extreme -- too easy to get into.

I wish more people didn't like flaps .. leaves more for me to buy! :smile:

14. I'm a "big bag" girl and I only like the totes for the time being. But I can maybe see myself getting a flap later on down the road. For now, I'm all about the large bags though!

15. they are my TRUE LOVE :heart::heart::heart: ...

this thread should be switched to " who dosn't love the flaps?" ;)