Am I the only one that has to touch bags in the stores?

1. My husband and I went shopping yesterday and I noticed that everytime I see a handbag for sale I get this overwelming urge to touch it. This is no matter where I am. My husband brought this to my attention and he made it sound like I had OCD or something. :lol: This is how I decide whether or not I like the bag. We stopped in Fossil to look for a baseball cap and I fondled one of their bags and (ick!) knew right away I hated it. Going into Saks is like an orgy for me. I always veer over and "play" with all the bags. Hubby literally had to pull me away!

Am I the only one with this "issue"? :shrugs:

2. I usually shop more with my hands than my eyes. While I walk down the aisles or around the displays I touch just about everything. Some things I don't like or don't feel like how I expected and I pull my hand away quickly, and keep moving. Others my hand stays in place and I pull myself backwards to get a closer look. I don't know how I developed this, but it makes shopping really fast, since I don't spend more than a fraction of a second dealing with stuff I don't like.

3. Nope, you're not the only one. I :heart: looking, feeling, touching, and playing with the hardware. My sister does the same thing:P

4. Nope u have to feel it, sometime smell it, try it on ...make sure it right :smile:

5. I touch things all the time!! My mom always says, "Boy, that would be some shopping spree if you were given every bag you touched today!"

6. Yeah I touch..I have to feel the material.I don't touch every bag only the ones that attract me at first sight. The style & shape of the bag has to appeal to me first.

7. Haha this is funny. My girlfriend is the same way, and honestly, I don't see anything wrong with it. Come to think of it, i think i'm the same as well...it makes it kinda hard to shop online, doesn't it?

8. I'm with you. I always touch the bags and cloths because I don't like artifical material especially in cloths. I'm even worse with bags because I smell on them. I just love the smell of new leather. Now you can call me a pevert:smile:

9. Ahhhhhhhh the feel of nice soft leather....:girlsigh:

10. I am so guilty of that

and the interesting thing that i have found, the bags I like over the course of time I keep touching and trying in every store that has it

for example three years ago when Coach had a purple mini sig line I literally tried it on in about four stores.

11. Touch, fondle, stroke, grope.....yes, I have to do that. My mom and I always joke about it: oh, there's the handbag department, time for me to go molest the Marc Jacobs bags! LOL

The places I frequent the most often (Coach and LV boutiques, NM & Nordstrom) are used to this. They still give me the hairy eyeball in Saks, though. (Maybe that's why I don't like them as much.)

12. I like to touchy-feel before I buy.

13. I do this with everything I buy. Even if I'm not buying anything, just window shopping or passing by, I have to touch something. My parents always tell me to keep my hands to myself. :smile:

14. I used to get worried about messing up the displays in the Coach store, until the SAs started insisting that I take the bags down, fondle them, put my stuff in them and try them on. They'll even help by pulling the stuffing out of anything they think I might like. I think they know that a customer is more likely to buy something if she's played with it first, rather than just seeing a display. It's a good philosophy, IMHO.

15. yes, absolutely. actually i'm tempted to smell it too but i'm afraid it seems rude :P
    but i would love to smell bags especially leather one, i just loved it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice