Am I the only one? Please tell me i'm not.. HELP!

monokuro

O.G.
Aug 4, 2007
Okay.. so I bought my damier speedy 30 about 2-3 months ago.. and i've been using it religiously over those couple of months.. and I noticed that on one of the handles the rubbery part is kinda coming off? Like you know how at one side of the handles its where they sew on the handle together and glue it together but to make it look neater they put some kinda rubbery like material to make it smooth.. That part seems to be peeling a little.. theres two parts that's doing this.. one is about 4mm long and the other is about 2mm long.. T_T
I wonder if I should try to add a little superglue to put it back onto the bag.. or something..

Any help would be wonderful! :crybaby:

[Edit]
Here's a random picture I found off the internet to show exactly what i'm talking about..
22184414ln0.jpg

I'm afraid to take it in for repairs because I did random googling and I read people talking about 170$ for a handle repair?!?! O_O;

My bag has that happening minorly but I was told it was just regular wear and tear... even if it was fixed I could just see it happening again. I think mine happened because the way I held one handle on top of the other. I'm not worrying about it. But let me know what happens if you do take it back.

Here was my thread (http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-reference-library/should-i-be-worried-158343.html)

This might be a little insensitive but i'm glad i'm not the only one!
And I do carry my bag one handle ontop of the other because I had small hands.. it's uncomfy to hold it with straps side by side.. I guess I should just stick to putting it onto the nook of my arm! T_T

I think for now.. I can just live with it. :sad:

I'm just afraid it's gonna chip all the way down and unstitch my handles or something!! XD

This might be a little insensitive but i'm glad i'm not the only one!
And I do carry my bag one handle ontop of the other because I had small hands.. it's uncomfy to hold it with straps side by side.. I guess I should just stick to putting it onto the nook of my arm! T_T

I think for now.. I can just live with it. :sad:

I'm just afraid it's gonna chip all the way down and unstitch my handles or something!! XD

No no dont worry you aren't. To be honest I was freaked out too but then realised it was bound to happen because of how I was carrying it. I think the glaze is quite sturdy ( I haven't heard of the glazing or lack of can cause a handle to unravel) Alot of vintage bags I've seen you can hardly see any glaze left. :yes: Personally I wouldn't worry about it too much.

No no dont worry you aren't. To be honest I was freaked out too but then realised it was bound to happen because of how I was carrying it. I think the glaze is quite sturdy ( I haven't heard of the glazing or lack of can cause a handle to unravel) Alot of vintage bags I've seen you can hardly see any glaze left. :yes: Personally I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Ah! I totally get your point!
Guess it would just be waste of time/money(if it costs anything) to get it fixed.. I'm pretty sure it'll keep happening.. xD

[edit] The curious side got to me!

I guess sooner or later it'll go like this..
48d2_12.JPG

*Credits eBay

But I'm not looking foward to that big gap at the handle bottom where it connects to the bag!! D: