Am I the Only Crazy One...

merc_g

O.G.
Aug 29, 2011
Who has lined the coin part of their wallets?

You guys will probably think I'm nuts, but after looking at pre-loved wallets online and finally bucking up and just getting a new MC Insolite last month, I knew I had to line the coin compartment. Just the damage that I've seen on the pre-loved wallets, then the fact that my coins kept getting stuck in the accordion part set me on a mission. It took a little bit to find something that worked, but I finally did it!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400630041.526095.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400630059.971943.jpg

It's not completely visually pleasing, but if you're someone other than me, you can't even tell it's there. Plus, it's made it so much easier to find my coins and they no longer get stuck in the sides. Admittedly, the BF laughed at me, but that's ok. :biggrin:

Good idea!! I'll admit that at first, I didn't understood why people wouldn't use the coin purse in their wallet for coins...but now I find myself checking to see how dirty my change is so I don't get black marks!! Did you buy that little liner or is it "home-made"?

Good idea!! I'll admit that at first, I didn't understood why people wouldn't use the coin purse in their wallet for coins...but now I find myself checking to see how dirty my change is so I don't get black marks!! Did you buy that little liner or is it "home-made"?

I felt the same way, but I got my wallets to be able to put coins in them because for some reason, I always have change, ha.
But yes, it's totally homemade. ;) It's a thick little zippy bag that's used mostly to store crafts. I just cut the top open and trimmed the edge to make it fit. I'll probably have to replace it over time, but it fits perfectly!

Who has lined the coin part of their wallets?

You guys will probably think I'm nuts, but after looking at pre-loved wallets online and finally bucking up and just getting a new MC Insolite last month, I knew I had to line the coin compartment. Just the damage that I've seen on the pre-loved wallets, then the fact that my coins kept getting stuck in the accordion part set me on a mission. It took a little bit to find something that worked, but I finally did it!

View attachment 2623938
View attachment 2623939

It's not completely visually pleasing, but if you're someone other than me, you can't even tell it's there. Plus, it's made it so much easier to find my coins and they no longer get stuck in the sides. Admittedly, the BF laughed at me, but that's ok. :biggrin:
Great idea for your wallet

Good idea!! I don't put change in the coin zipper area for reasons you stated. It's silly really if you think about it. It's one of the reasons I have the round coin purse (which I still cringe putting dirty coins in). :P

Good idea!! I don't put change in the coin zipper area for reasons you stated. It's silly really if you think about it. It's one of the reasons I have the round coin purse (which I still cringe putting dirty coins in). :P

I actually considered getting a coin purse when I got the wallet and was using a cheap one until I made the liner. But I knew I'd be apprehensive putting coins into a LV one as well, and figured I might as well use the wallet I paid so much for. Haha!