Am I Tempting Fate to Purchase a Kooba on eBay??

Cathy_Mac

Apr 23, 2008
I buy many things on eBay but most are not high-dollar items. When I was much younger (and very naive), I recall buying a Kate Spade handbag on eBay. It was an obvious fake once I received it and since then, I have been more cautious and aware. I have purchased several Isabella Fiore handbags on eBay but was careful to thoroughly research the seller, ask questions if necessary, and buy bags that I knew were not being counterfeited.

I am going to NM later today or tomorrow to check out the Elisha in blue. I have read too much (here) about the color variations, etc., to not take the opportunity to check the bag out in person before I buy. I also want a black Elisha, though, and am tempted to go through eBay. I am looking at this one in particular:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KOOBA-ELISHA-BO...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How does this auction and seller look to everyone? Is anyone familiar with her (him?)? I really do not want to get burned but saving over $100 would be nice. Are there certain Kooba styles or sellers that should be avoided on eBay? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Thanks for the reply. This seller is not listing a ton of Kooba bags or a wide variety of styles…mainly Elisha’s and Devins, plus a smaller clutch (Lexie?) and a couple of Bonnies. I actually tallied how many Elisha’s (13) she/he sold since March. Would that be too many for one seller to get a hold of? Most of them were in brown, fewer in black and blonde, one blue. Three yellows, though. Is that a hard-to-come-by color? I am obsessing already, I guess. How typical of me.