Am I screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becca, I am so sorry this is continuing. I did want to let you know that I had a similar thing happen to me where I sold a bag that the seller claimed was "filthy" but I had dated pictures proving otherwise. I talked to Paypal so many times my head was spinning-- and I was told different things at different times. One thing I was definitely told though, was that they "don't always look at pictures but sometimes they will." I should say that later I was told they never do. I don't know but to me, if it's evidence and it's strong, it seemed like there was some hope of them using pictures-- you just had to find the right Paypal rep.

I learned that too late in the process, but maybe it can help in yours. Again, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this!!!

It's not buyers remorse. If the bag was accurate to the description stated (and of course authentic) I would not be doing this. I have purchaesd bags before that I wasn't 100% about, but I made do with them, or resold them. Had that been the case in this situation, I would have just resold the bag. However, I'm not going to sell a bag, at an obvious loss because it is used. I would have accurately had to depict all of the discoloration, the tear in the leather, the darkened handles, etc. in my auction. The seller had offered for me to use her pics in the auction, but that would just keep the cycle going, and I wasn't going to do that.

I cannot remark about the pen mark. When I received or when I sent the handbag, there was no trace of a penmark. I took pictures of all of the imperfections of the handbag when recieved, and did not see this mark.

I know that the seller has been a member on this forum longer than I have, and has participated in threads much much much more than I have, but that doesn't automatically mean that she is the only person that has a right to tell her side of the story. I joined the forum 6 months after she did, and while my participation is very limited, it does not mean that this forum should not be open to me as well. I was not aware that the seller had posted here, I wasn't even aware that she was a member. If she feels cheated, well so do I, and I've never been through anything like this before, and I needed some help.

to be fair, paneh does have a point. regardless of how nice someone seems, very few of us have actually met or know who each other are. after all, this is an online community. i know we all want to be supportive, but most of the time we only get to hear one side of the dispute. resorting to name calling and wild conjectures (bag switching! buyer's remorse!) is not going to help the matter.

i'm sorry that both becca and paneh are unhappy with the outcome of the auction. at this point, we're just going to have to see who paypal sides with. it's ironic considering that paypal and ebay aren't exactly the best arbiters of fairness.

to be fair, paneh does have a point. regardless of how nice someone seems, very few of us have actually met or know who each other are. after all, this is an online community. i know we all want to be supportive, but most of the time we only get to hear one side of the dispute. resorting to name calling and wild conjectures (bag switching! buyer's remorse!) is not going to help the matter.

i'm sorry that both becca and paneh are unhappy with the outcome of the auction. at this point, we're just going to have to see who paypal sides with. it's ironic considering that paypal and ebay aren't exactly the best arbiters of fairness.

Thanks tadpole nyc! I agree with you...we both came to the forum for assistance on how to deal with this situation, and now it is up to Paypal to decide the fate of the auction.

I agree with you. :yes:

I agree with you. :yes:

I 2nd that - Both seem like great people - but justice can only previal when both sides are allowed to discuss to put forward their arguements in a concise and clear manner....

Both parties are clearly agitated but I am proud of the classy way in which you both put forward your sides of the story - Once again makes me proud to be part of this forum - Its honest and a class act!

^^ Agree with gro...this should be resolved between them via pm...

...support and siding on these threads often happen, and then suddenly the other party posts and it's all unclear. Happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.