Am I overthinking this? Reissue lock scratch

honu

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
I got this beautiful red reissue several weeks ago, and in my happiness and excitement I didn't look close enough at the lock and it looks like it's a little scratched. I have only used it twice and don't *think* I scratched it on my own. I've posted these pictures before in a thread about not receiving the magnetic box with the bag but now that I look closer is it something that I should be worried about?

I don't know if this can be fixed or not but maybe I'm overthinking it?

I can't talk to my other friends about this because they wouldn't understand but I know the ladies of PF would totally understand my worry! :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_9509 (Large).JPG
    IMG_9509 (Large).JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_9506 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_9506 (Medium).JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 447
It's not terrible, but for that kind of money, it should be perfect! Can you exchange it? I don't own a reissue so I don't know if this is normal. I'm sorry to hear that you are having all these issues with the bag. :/

I went to the Chanel boutique this week and the SA told me she's seen it before. I am starting to think that it's my fault because I have a tendency to carry a lot of stuff :cry:

Aged & distressed is part of the character of a reissue. This scratch is part of the charm of a reissue so seems normal. I have a few reissues and some have a similar scratch and others have an aged rusted look.

I have a little tiny scratch on my grey reissue as well. It doesn't bother me because when the lock is turned closed, you can't see it. I just look at it like I'll always be able to id my bag on sight.