Am I overreacting? Dent on my SO BBW MAM

ChaiLatte

O.G.
Jan 20, 2007
My SO BBW MAM arrived today and I was sooo excited. When I took the bag out I inspected it immediately. The first thing I noticed was this huge dent in my bag that looks like a smiley face. My room is kinda dark so it might look a lot worse due to shadows. I have to see what it will look like outside, but the dent is very noticeable indoor. I paid full price for this bag and waited 2 months. I think I deserve a bag with no major flaws, especially on the front of the bag. Help, I dont know if i am overreacting where this is a "natural leather variation" and this should easily come out with conditioner or if this is defective.

MAM002.jpg

MAM007.jpg

MAM011.jpg

MAM013.jpg

It looks like an imprint of the handle, like it was smashed against the bag. How long have you had it unpacked? Do you think if you stuffed and let it sit for a day or so it would come out? I'm so sorry this happened.

Looks like the imprint from the handle during shipping/packing. Try stuffing it well overnight or for a few nights and see if it doesn't fade out...

I don't think you are over-reacting at all! It looks pretty bad from the pics. Is there a possibility that the package was smashed into something and created the dent (so that it might wear off), or does it seem like a problem with the leather itself?

I am so sorry this happened to you, hopefully it will get better with time or some conditioning. You definitely deserve a perfect bag from an SO.

You girls are right, its from the handle. I took the bag out of the box an hour ago and the dent is still there. I should prob stuff it and see if it will come out tomorrow and then condition it later if it is still there. Have any of you girls with BBW had this issue? The leather isnt as pebbly as i thought it was going to be, its rather smooth which is why dents like this are more prone to happen.

Ohh yikes that does look bad right now...a pretty big dent. But to me, it seems like something that will definitely go away eventually if you stuff it for a few days. :flowers:

It looks pretty bad from the pics. But I would wait for a couple days if it gets any better. I hope it does, cuz the bag is GORGEOUS! Love the blue zipper against black! I always have loved the combo!

Oh man!!! I'm sorry... That sucks and shouldn't have happened if it was packed properly..
I'd try what the others girls recommended and over stuff her for a few days... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hmmm...it looks like your bag was at the bottom of the "ready to pack & ship" pile. I don't know...I'm not so sure merely 'stuffing' it will do the trick.

I'm really sorry this happened to your bag Chai, I know that I would be way less than pleased to receive a bag that wasn't absolutely perfect upon arrival when everyone else's was!

That looks like a dent from the handle of the bag. I just pulled out a bag that I have in storage and noticed the same thing. I think the mark should come off over time.

Is the color of the zipper on your bag true to life or did it photograph brighter? Mine looks as if it has a darker color.

EDIT: I see a similar dent on my bag, probably not as deep. But I'm not too bothered about it.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the support and tips guys. I really appreciate it! The bag came fully stuffed lying faced down which is why the pressure caused the dent. It shipped out on friday and I received my bag today so it was probably sitting faced down all weekend which made it worse. It sucks that it happened but I hope that over time it should come out (it better, or i will be PO'ed!!). I have been trying to rub the dent out but it is still there. Is apple leather care the same as conditioner?

tast- the zipper IRL is not that bright. It is a deep royal blue. It photographs very blue.

Definitely looks like the handle. I don't see why it wouldn't come out.

Worst case scenario: if it doesn't come out, conditioning and use of the bag will make the leather softer, smooshier, and very puddly so it would hardly be noticeable.

I hope your dent comes off, ChaiLatte.

I took a picture of mine with flash, and it came off like too. While I think the royal blue zipper on our bags is pretty, I think I kinda wish it's more like the bright blue that we are expecting. Something more similar to the classic Black BBW bags.