Am I not supposed to ask about item's authenticity anymore?

Congratulations on getting your shoes. I hope they will be wonderful. What a nice BF you have, to be interested in what you are interested in and to go to such an effort to make you happy! Sounds like you were a winner even before you got the shoes.;)

If it's not authentic, it should never be listed on eBay. Anytime you see something suspicious, just run it past the Authenticate this ~ thread teams. If they bounce it, then then report it to eBay. :police:

The reason this step is important is that there are zillions of styles of items. As a person who collects vintage items (sometimes really unusual ones), I have been through the experience of having an item incorrectly identified by someone as a fake. It took days of emails and stress to sort it out, of course, in my favour as it was totally authentic. But there were a lot of people watching my item at the time and they all saw that it got pulled. Fortunately eBay does write to all the bidders when they reinstate an item to say that it was pulled in error, but the watchers never see this apology. So it is very important to use the wonderful expertise here when you see something that seems odd. They can tell so quickly whether or not something is legitimate by reviewing the key details.

Thanks shinymagpie! Yes I think my bf is the best ever!! We have been together for 7 years, and he's my go-to person when I am upset and need to rant :P

Yes I agree that many vintage items can almost be one-of-a-kind and it can be very frustrating when they can be incorrectly labeled as a fake especially by people who are not well-educated on a certain label :Push: And I think tPF is just wonderful in providing the free authentication service because it really saves us buyers!! :nuts:

Thanks cute_lil_fiend and pippaWA for your replies! :flowers:

I did not intend to irritate her, and I did not mind that she had no shoebox or dustbag because it is a great price. That was not what bothered me. Yes I am inexperienced in buying Chanel shoes on Ebay, that is why I asked her a question. I was extremely polite in my message to her, and thanked her for her time. I may be inexperienced but I do do research on the items I am interested in. I looked up the sizing/fit threads beforehand to make sure that it was the right shoe size for me, and I also looked at other photos of authentic shoes.
If my question was ignorant, then I guess Ebay is not the place for me... I miss the old days of Ebay when sellers were kind and helpful and "wanted" to sell you their items. I guess all the scammers (buyers and sellers) really affected the quality of the whole experience of Ebay. :tdown:

Sadly, those old days are long gone.
I was a happy ebay'er for many years but don't bother with it any more.