Am I just being too picky?

shengnes

Mar 25, 2017
So I got my Rogue with Western Whiplash Detail and first there was no dust bag. I guess I thought there were suppose to be bags with all the 1941 items. Then it looks as if it has been used. The tag was not attached. The bottom of the feet were scratched. There is some funky looking marks maybe glue in the inside. Then there is a slice in the leather on the coin purse. I don't know if I'm just being picky or what. But it is a lot of money for a bag even on sale and I guess I expected it to be pristine. There was also what looked to be a dirt spot but I rubbed it with some leather cleaner and it looks like it is gone.
IMG_2749 (1).JPG IMG_2747 (1).JPG IMG_2751 (1).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2750 (1).JPG
    IMG_2750 (1).JPG
    270 KB · Views: 460
So I got my Rogue with Western Whiplash Detail and first there was no dust bag. I guess I thought there were suppose to be bags with all the 1941 items. Then it looks as if it has been used. The tag was not attached. The bottom of the feet were scratched. There is some funky looking marks maybe glue in the inside. Then there is a slice in the leather on the coin purse. I don't know if I'm just being picky or what. But it is a lot of money for a bag even on sale and I guess I expected it to be pristine. There was also what looked to be a dirt spot but I rubbed it with some leather cleaner and it looks like it is gone.
View attachment 3711138 View attachment 3711139 View attachment 3711140

Not picky at all. I had to ask for three Rogue Satchels before I was happy with one to purchase during the sale. Should be no different if you ordered one. And you should've received a dust bag as well.

You're not wrong in your expectations. A new bag should be just that, a NEW bag with no defects. Why should any customer receive a bag that they feel has been "used"? That's just unexcusable but we all know that returns are processed and those bags are passed on as "new".
Some customers pick up on the flaws and others overlook them. Good for you for not overlooking them.

You're not wrong in your expectations. A new bag should be just that, a NEW bag with no defects. Why should any customer receive a bag that they feel has been "used"? That's just unexcusable but we all know that returns are processed and those bags are passed on as "new".
Some customers pick up on the flaws and others overlook them. Good for you for not overlooking them.
This a dozen times over.

If I'm being sold "new," it should be new, regardless of price. I kind of don't get this anymore. These types of items were what used to go to outlets and that just doesn't seem to happen anymore. Let people look at it, see any damage, decide if the discount (and past season-ness) was worth it, and try not to lose all money on it. It's one thing if you're aware of what you're buying ahead of time and that it's marked down accordingly, but it's deceptive if it's sold as new.

I took it back today and they ordered me a new one. All the gals at the store were in agreement that it was probably a return that fell through the cracks. Especially when they saw the tag that was in the zippered pocket. The price tag wasn't the normal price tag that is normally on the 1941 collection. All the gals were great at the store and had no problems with ordering me a new one. They even upgraded the shipping to next day for me.