am i just being silly. classic flap issue.

starrygirl

Jul 5, 2008
I brought my first chanel flap, in caviar black 3 weeks ago, in hong kong then after a week and a bit 2 loose threads appeared on the front of my bag.
So i took it back to the london bond street chanel as i left hong kong.
The SA issued me a new flap today, but it just does not feel the same.
Is it just me or am i being completely silly over it?
The front lower panel, is the leather quite flexible and pressable on everyone elses caviar flap, because i thought my first flap was stiffer and i think this new one seems thinner. Because i got teary over it, the SA gave me her card and said if i was not happy after 10 days i could bring it back.

Need some re-assurance please!

habanerita

O.G.
May 1, 2006
The only thing I can think of is that the first flap you got was in the older, stiffer, shinier caviar, and the second in the newer, softer caviar with less shine. You need to see the two together to determine if this is the case., or ask your SA to give you the info on the first bag you returned vs the one you got., GL:heart:H

starrygirl

Jul 5, 2008
my SA said she put my old on on display, i wonder if i can go back to compare still :/ i did ask for it back but she wouldnt let me :sad:
she said i should regret exchanging it, i should of asked for repair of my old one, but i didnt think of it at the time.
would the info be any different? ie it would state the first bag being a later version compare to the new?
also the lining is looser then the first, because before i had trouble trying to find the authentication tab on the inside, me and my friends had to use a camera and now i can easily pull the bag open to see it :/

sorry im ranting, it just feels like i should just return it if im not happy, i guess.

Last edited:

chocochip_84

Jun 19, 2006
If you are not comfortable with it return it. If you are not happy with the one you have, you wont be able to get it off your mind, it will continue to bug you. Because everytime you see its the little "imperfection" you will go "I shouldn't have.........." at the back of your head. Besides you are paying a decent amount for the flap, I feel that it is important to find your perfect flap in order to truly enjoy your purchase.

starrygirl

Jul 5, 2008
thank you chocochip_84!
its really bugging me now and its only been 1 day since ive had this new one :/
i going to get another, something i will love and never regret :smile:

starrygirl

Jul 5, 2008
another rant....when i went back on the same day to tell my SA i made a mistake and wanted my old bag even thou there were two loose threads, she said i couldnt as it was on display...she also said there was no other stock, could it mean she gave me a display copy? when she brought out the bag it wasnt in its box or anything, thou it could be due to me only bringing my bag in its dustbag.

i feel quite dishearted now to shop in chanel, was my first purchase to :sad:

starrygirl

Jul 5, 2008
theres another boutique i can try im going to try back at bond street and the SA said if i was still happy come back, she just didnt have stock at the time. if she still doesnt i will go to sloane street. :smile: