Am I guilty for Liking A Bit of Logo?

Feb 28, 2010
I'm not a fan of monogram bag but I have to admit that I like a bit of logo on my bag, could be a small logo plate or embossed or whatever as long as it's there and people recognize my bag. I know that some people don't like their bags to be 'known' but when I spend a bit more on a bag I'd like people to recognize it. I especially like the triangle Prada logo, not the whole metal one, but the leather on top of the metal plate with metal letters on the top. Of course that's not the only reason why I like a handbag, the bag also has to have a good shape, good leather and different from most bag people are carrying. I might be accused of someone who likes 'to show off' and can come off sounding that way. I don't think I'm that kind of person because my outfit is rarely (if ever) designer brands. But I think a bit of logo is good for a bag for aesthetic reason, no? What about you ladies?

I actually find myself liking bags that are have no logo on them whatsoever but I guess I buy IT bags so people who know about bags will already know. Bags I've recently bought which fit this criteria would be the Alexander Wang Rocco or Proenza Schouler PS1. I have bags that are monogrammed too, such as Louis Vuittons whether that is the Monogram Canvas or their other collections.

To respond your question, I think a bit of logo is nice here and there. It really is dependent on what it is worn with, like plainer outfits + a logo bag can work well usually. Just my opinion.

I actually like your honesty and confidence. While I'm not a big fan of logos on my bags, I have no objection with others wearing them. We are all unique and like different things and if we all liked the same thing it would be oh so boring! Truth is, as much as I don't wear logos, I do wear a Gucci bracelet which is silver with green enamel and tiny red "G's". I also owned a Gucci wallet which had a GG closure and I happen to like the newest flap bag they make which has their GG insignia closure. I would be a hypocrite to say I don't like logos.

I couldn't wear an LV or Chanel, because I, personally would want Karl Lagerfield and LV to pay me for advertising their bags every time I wear them. I justify this because I only love leather bags and that rules out many LV's and to me, there is no reason to own a Chanel lambskin bag when I can own and equally if not better bag without paying them for me to wear the double "C" on it. Again, that is just MY opinion.

Lastly, my feeling is, when acquiring a leather bag that is over 1.5k/2k, you can be assured, that another person who can afford that price category for a bag, will certainly know what bag the owner has on without the need for logos.

In any case, wear your bags with pride and enjoy! ;)

I do like a bit of logo sometimes, although it is not the main or only factor why I get a bag.
If it has beautiful leather, craftsmanship a nice aesthetic, and if a logo came with it, it's like a bonus for me.
Even then, I am not into monogrammed bags because I prefer being more subtle.

I love my leather bags that don't scream what brand they are but I do have a few logo bags and they are fantastic in rainy weather and lightweight to carry.

It depends on the bag. I actually am not liking logo as much anymore. I used to love chanel but now that i see all the logos on the bags and glasses im just not a fan.
I have a vintage chanel that I love. Its doesnt have the logo on the front, just on the top and the tassel so you have to know about Chanel to recognize it.
Though I must admit there are some LVs that I love!! Especially the leather ones.
*sigh* wish i could have them.

I like a variety of bags, but I've noticed that my favorite bags have no logo. It doesn't really have anything to do with people knowing what it is or not though. I think it's just an aesthetic thing for me. I tend to be more drawn to really clean, simple, timeless bags.

some logos are attractive. Chanel is one of them. I like monogram print sometimes it depends on the bag and what the logo is.

I sometimes don't like logo cause it give off the price tag of how much it was. I don't want people to start counting the money in my pocket by the purse i carry.

I do like a bit of logo sometimes, although it is not the main or only factor why I get a bag.
If it has beautiful leather, craftsmanship a nice aesthetic, and if a logo came with it, it's like a bonus for me.
Even then, I am not into monogrammed bags because I prefer being more subtle.

Agree. I don't favour bags totally covered in logos (I own 7 coach bags and only one has logos but it's all black so not as showy as the camel/brown logos), but I like there to be some symbol of the designer on the bag, even if it's in a place that only other "handbag" people would know to look!

I would still totally buy a bag without a logo, however, if I love the design/ colour/ functionality etc... Balenciaga is a good example. No logo or name at all on the exterior of the bag!

i like a bit of logo, but it depends on the bag. most mono LV bags are not my cup of tea, but i love my mono alma (the look and the functionality). and i tend to wear very plain/basic clothes- no statement pieces or trendy items, so i'm ok with having a busy bag or 1 that has a logo. but would i wear a logo bag with logo shoes? no. 1 logo at a time for me.

I have to admit that I like a little bit of logo too, but as I've gotten older I am tending to buy bags that have fewer logos. I'm not buying any monogram anymore, but I still love and use the monogram LV's and Gucci's that I currently own. I think I'm just preferring simpler bags as I get older. I did pass on a LV damier satchel recently (the Berkeley) because it has a huge gold logo plate on the front of the bag and I would have liked it better without it. On the flip side, I have a Tod's G-bag in patent leather and this version doesn't have the oval Tod's logo on the front that most of their leather G-bags have, and it bothers me. I want the little Tod's logo, not for anyone else, but for me to see when I'm admiring my bag.

The one area where I want a logo though is on sunglasses. I refuse to pay two or three hundred dollars for a pair of sunglasses if they don't have at least a tiny logo on the side. And it's not even that I want other people to see it. I want to see it. If I'm wearing three hundred dollar sunglasses and I catch my reflection in a mirror or a window, I want to see that I'm wearing my Gucci's or Chanel's, otherwise it's just a complete waste of money for a small bit of plastic. It's silly, I know!!

I think a bit of Logo is good... Most of my bags do not have two much but they must have something that makes it distinctly that brand...

I alsow do have logo bags and do not have an issue with that...

I like some of the "logo" by certain premium designer brand, and NO LOGO but statement design from some, just can't get enough when someone I don't know "recognize" bags I carries and compliment it :blush: