Am I going blind here?

I remember long time ago, I read an article about how there are Ebayers who are addicted to the thrill of winning the auction that they bid on. So, it's not necessarily that they end up bidding a high price for it b/c they don't have any other means, but b/c they get caught up w/having to have to win the auction over the other bidders. I'm not sure if it's the case for this one though, but yes, one of reasons why people pay so much is that they just want to be the WINNER. And for some international bidders, things can cost more than retail than US/UK. Especially some part of Asia. For example, a Ferragamo bag I bought in Asia cost me $1500 and when I came back to the states, the retail price here at NM.com was $795. Talk about being upset! :sad: So, to some of us, it might seem outrageous, but to others, it can be a deal perhaps.

Yikes. I'm glad I don't get too caught up in the ebay thing. I just don't connect having the highest bid to winning I guess. It's too bad some people do as they end up paying too much.