Am I crazy!? Thinking of returning my Petrol Spy..

acegirl said:
For some reason, I've really been on a dry streak with selling on Ebay lately. No one seems to be bidding & I usually have at least SOME interest!

I have noticed this as well. I am blaming it on gas prices, short term interest rates increasing on credit cards and the economy in general...I think people are pulling back on spending.

I would return it to Bergdorf's. Everyone on Ebay seems to be looking for a bargain-they'll want the bag for below retail. After E-bay fees and Paypal fees, you've lost about 8% of your payment. And the reason you are having buyer's remorse is because you have spent too much money lately, right? Don't lose any more!!! :sad:

Your bag is so gorgeous - and the colour is so rare! Are you sure you wanna sell/return her? It's too bad the marketplace closed - the petrol is a fave amongst people who already own Spys! (myself included!)

Good luck either way!

jbelle said:
Your bag is so gorgeous - and the colour is so rare! Are you sure you wanna sell/return her? It's too bad the marketplace closed - the petrol is a fave amongst people who already own Spys! (myself included!)

Good luck either way!

Thanks! No I don't really want to part with it :cry: but I really can't justify all the $$ I have spent this month. :shocked:

Sometimes we get so caught up in the hunt and getting the "rare" item that we sorta lose sight of what we really want/need.

Why don't you line up ALL the bags you own, including the new purchases. You'll probably find things that are similar or things you aren't using or things you just bought to buy. Then return the ones that are new and impulse buys. Post the ones that are used and unwanted on ebay to sell off. I think really evaluating a "collection" helps you from keeping unnecessary items and buying impulsively!

wickedassin said:
Sometimes we get so caught up in the hunt and getting the "rare" item that we sorta lose sight of what we really want/need.

Why don't you line up ALL the bags you own, including the new purchases. You'll probably find things that are similar or things you aren't using or things you just bought to buy. Then return the ones that are new and impulse buys. Post the ones that are used and unwanted on ebay to sell off. I think really evaluating a "collection" helps you from keeping unnecessary items and buying impulsively!

wickedassin, can you please come over and help me "re-evaluate" my own closet(s)? :shocked: then you can sit me down and have a heart-to-heart talk about what a naughty little girl i've been ;)

OMG. I know exactly what you're going through... I had put my petrol spy up for sale when we still had the MP (for slightly different reasons but to make a long story short I had car problems and needed quick $$), but when the MP closed before my petrol selling I had to debate whether or not to put it up on eBay... result? I still have my spy just because I couldn't bare to think of my spy (that I searched high and low for and paid over retail to get) going to a "stranger" -- if you know what I mean.
Good luck on your sales though. It's a gorgeous bag... it should go quickly. ;)

you now what ? take your own decision if you like the bag stay with it .
but if you really don't or if your not 100% you deserve it and like it return the bag.

remember you live once and you have to enjoy all the pleasures that life offer us.

i hope you understand me , I don't a really good english.

I'm in the same predicament! I bought 2 bbags in the same week, and am already contemplating on another one when the new colors come out! Unfortunately, I can't return my petrol Spy to a store, as I bought it from Fendi in December. :cry: In your case, I'd return it back to Bergdorf. Like Pink-Petunia said, you'll lose money if you sell it on eBay.

Which is what I will probably end up doing with my petrol Spy. Stupid eBay and their darned fees. :censor:

fayden said:
i would sell or return another bag but not the petrol spy.
I totally agree. That is a great collectors item and when they are all sold out and discontinued chicks will be looking for the spy and I'm sure in Petrol. That is the only color spy I considered buying.