Am I crazy???? Please help!

*Jilly*

Feb 7, 2010
Hello everyone! As you all may know from reading some other threads I am dying to own a Galliera ebene bag. I went to the store last month after saving up my money. I was told they stopped taking special orders the day before I arrived--if only I was a day earlier:cry: I was so upset. I called the LV number many times and spoke to over ten sales associates who all said that was true and the bag will never be part of the permenant line.

So, I was searching the bay the other day and came across a brand new Galliera Ebene. I was so excited and purchased it. The only downfall was that I payed $300 dollars more than the original price. My boyfriend thinks im crazy and is making my feel bad about the purchase. However it's my money and I don't see what his problem is.

Sorry about the long post. I was just wondering am I reallly crazy? Is there anyone out there who would have done the same thing? I guess I am trying to make myself feel better. Please note I will not take offense to any posts so please tell me you honest opinion. Thank you:smile:

If you wanted it,,, and it's your money,,,,, then great! :smile: honestly,, if it's something I wanted,,, I would think that I already spent a lot on it,, what's an extra 300 lol... def would have done the same thing... and probably felt a little bad about the purchase at first... but yay you'll have your bag ;)

If it is something you really want and you know that there are small quantities of the bag left then It kinda sucks that you have to pay $300 more but I guess thats how the demand is.

Are your bills not paid? Are you swimming in debt? Do you have tons of court fines that you are neglecting to pay off? No? Then don't listen to what anyone says about the way you spend your money! If you love the bag and you worked hard to save up for it, who cares if you paid a little extra to acquire it. My DBF used to be the same way when we first got together, but now he is of the thinking that whatever makes me happy makes him happy - he even goes shopping with me and helps me pick new things out now! Point is, if it makes you happy, then I say you are definitely not crazy! Enjoy your new bag!! :biggrin:

wow, i was pretty sure our LV store in manila still had special ordering going on. there was a trouville and another damier bag that was on display with this plastic sign (like the prices etc) that said special order. is this worldwide? i mean the discontinuation?

You are NOT crazy. Seriously, the Galliera is a fabulous bag and it just stunning in Ebene. I don't think you were crazy to pay over the original price since you cannot get one anymore. Enjoy your bag and please post pics when you get it!

Things are only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. If you were willing to pay $300 above retail then it was worth it to you and that's all that should matter.

I do think, however, that you bf has a right to voice his concern. You are in a r/s and I am assuming looking for someone to eventually share your future with and the same for him. He has a right to voice his opinion on something that he feels strongly against.

wow, i was pretty sure our LV store in manila still had special ordering going on. there was a trouville and another damier bag that was on display with this plastic sign (like the prices etc) that said special order. is this worldwide? i mean the discontinuation?

They are still doing special orders but not for soft sided bags anymore. The galliera in ebene is a soft sided bag so it is no longer available.

The Galliera in Ebene is quickly becoming my Holy Grail. I'm starting to obsess over it. Like you, I missed placing a special order. I've seen some of those listings on eBay and I've also debated the price and whether or not I want to spend that through eBay. I can understand the markup, since it is a rare bag that is now impossible to get through normal channels, but sure, it's hard knowing you're paying the markup for that on top of the SO markup.

But - it's a fabulous bag, good for any weather, comfortable, beautiful, and now, rare! In the grand scheme of things, I wouldn't get too hung up over $300, presuming that it's within your budget. Congrats on snagging one!

ebay fees and paypal fees are getting higher. i dont blame the seller for marking it up 300. I think its not too bad of a mark up. i would buy it if its me. only... i am hoping they would release it in permanent line... some sas are thinking its a possibility.... so if i were you i would have hold off, partly cause i have other bags to buy that is readily available now :P