Am I crazy or ignorant?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,

So, I'm completely bitten by the Chanel bug. After being a silent stalker of this forum for years (but never really considering buying something Chanel) I bit the bullet in January and purchased my first Chanel bag: a classic flap in black caviar leather with shw. Now I'm dying for the same bag, even the same size, in black lambskin with ghw. I'm going to London in a week for work and will have the opportunity to purchase another bag then. Am I completely crazy for wanting practically the same bag? I'm not particularly into the seasonal bags, but do you have any suggestions for alternatives?

Thank you!

2. You're not crazy or ignorant, you've just been bitten by the Chanel bug like the rest of us!!! If you love the classic flap then go for it! I think it's a good idea to have a Caviar & Lambskin bag and you've chosen the caviar with silver which is probably used more casual and then the lambskin with gold would be perfect for more dressy outfits! Different needs for similar bags...I love seasonal bags but since you don't, the only other thing I can think to suggest is a classic mini.....Good Luck :smile:

3. Try on some Reissues.

4. What about getting a different size classic flap. For example I have a ML and a maxi both with black caviar leather and GH but because of the difference in size they are totally different bags.

5. TwiggyM dear you are not crazy or ignorant at all. I have a red caviar shw jumbo and the same in a m/l. I use them for different reasons. I have more than one pair of jeans each for a different occasion. I say YES go for it.
    Lambskin with ghw is absolutely luxurious. :girlsigh:

6. Not crazy! If you're looking for something a little more formal (but can still be used every day), I'd go for the m/l in black lamb with gold hw. Then you also have a little more variety in choice!

7. nope, not crazy at all. type of leather and hw combo is different enough that it's a totally different bag!!! u didn't mention what size u got in the caviar - if u got jumbo, then maybe get a m/l instead or vice versa.switch up the size for even more variety! let us know if u decide to get another :biggrin:

8. Chanel classics are the way to go, having one for different occasions to the other is good for choice! I recently purchased a lamb jumbo with SHW and its tdf!

9. Thank you so much for your reply and advice! Hehe, this is a dangerous bug to catch for sure! You are completely right, I chose the caviar leather with shw because it's more casual and hard wearing. I am usually into more casual bags as that suits my lifestyle better. However, I can't get that luxurious lambskin out of my head. It would be perfect for dressier occasions for sure! I already have the small size classic flap (being rather small and petite myself), so I was thinking about a square mini.

10. I've been considering that, in fact, I think I will! :smile:

11. I would buy the m/l in lambskin for some variety...enjoy ur shopping trip. I don't think you r crazy or ignorant either

12. That's a good idea and I have been considering the square mini. Or sizing up from small to medium. However, I feel like the small is just perfect for me whenever I carry it so it's such a difficult decision!

13. Hehe, thank you so much! I am kind of questioning my sanity about how I can possibly want two such similar bags - especially when they are so expensive! I guess I wouldn't hesitate if they cost like £50, but more than 3000 is definitely a different matter.

But as you say, the lambskin with ghw is just gorgeous and I would get a lot of different wear out of it compared with the bag I already have. :smile:

14. Thank you so much for your support! I'm torn between the medium or the square mini :smile:

15. Thank you so much for your kind words! I already have the small as I found the medium to look a little bit big on me (I'm quite short and petite). I'm considering the same size as I don't carry much and it's perfect even for more formal wear, or the medium or the square mini. I guess what I really want is all of them, haha. I'll post a pic of both bags as soon I get home from my shopping trip :smile: