Am I crazy? (new tags vs. old)

sporty86

Aug 7, 2012
So. I went to Louis Vuitton tonight (and bought a Mon 6 key cles!) :smile: and was initially there to buy a NF GM on Azur. I was questioning these new cloth tags, even though I have purchased a bag since the change. I had asked the SA if the bag I was looking at had the cloth tag. He looked at me puzzled. He showed me he date code in the bag, and I had told him I thought that all of the new bags had the cloth, not the leather date code. He said "no" and showed me in my Delightful that I was carrying were the leather tag was. Am I crazy, or wasn't everyone under the impression that the leather date codes weren't on the new bags? I had no idea my delightful had both tags. The leather one was hidden.

Thank you! Yea, I guess I was on another planet, because I thought the date code wasn't in them anymore. Then I really don't understand the big deal about the "made in" being gone. Are people just upset because if they are questioned they can't show someone boldly where it was made, because to me, someone that knows about LV, I know that "SD" is USA and "CA"..... means France and so on. I guess I was just confused, because my newer bags tags are hidden, I thought they did away with them. I still know where they are made, so I am happy!

Date codes were not affected in this change. The change is on the leather part of the bag where it says: Louis Vuitton Paris Made in France (or Spain or USA). Now the leather detailing just says: Louis Vuitton Paris and the "Made In..." part is gone if the bag is made in the U.S. Instead there is a cloth tag that will say Made in the USA of imported materials.

I personally have the cloth tag and it doesn't bother me but some people find it irksome for a variety of reasons.

The bags used to look something like this.

images.jpeg

Now they'll look more like this if they are made in the USA and have the cloth tag.

Louis Vuitton USA Tags.jpg image-591569887.jpg

All the bags still have the date code, but the "Made in" tag is no longer stamped on the leather! It's on the cloth tag.

I think the date code was left completely alone.
Sigh... This scenario demonstrates how paranoid this "cloth tag" hysteria has made (some) people. Why not focus on something else that is actually meaningful, or better yet, INTERESTING about Louis Vuitton?

I agree, and I have bags the old way and the new way, my point is that I thought they did away with both. Like I said in my previous post, I know where the bag was made by the date code, even if it doesn't "say" it. I just really didn't know the date codes were till on the bags.
Sigh... This scenario demonstrates how paranoid this "cloth tag" hysteria has made (some) people. Why not focus on something else that is actually meaningful, or better yet, INTERESTING about Louis Vuitton?