Am I covered...or should I be concerned???

PeepToe

Mar 1, 2011
Here is a quick run down of what happened with my latest ebay sale

-Buyer purchases shoes for $2000.00. (Strassed Louboutin's)
-Buyer contacts me and says paypal is telling him "contact merchant for more information" and requests to paypal me directly through my paypal account (never had an issue before)
-Buyer sends payment and includes note with ebay item # in reference to what the payment is for
-Paypal flags the transaction and told me to wait until they verify everything- which they did within an hour or 2
-Buyer then contacts me and asked me to ship to his girlfriends address because he is going out of town for 2 weeks. I politely told him that I will only ship to the paypal verified address and he said ok, he will have someone there to get the shipment.

Here are my concerns. Am I protected since he sent paypal through paypal directly and not through the ebay link? Him asking to ship to a different address concerns me.

Paypal says that I am covered by their seller protection but I dont want to get screwed. But it all just seems off to me because of paypal flagging the payment and then him asking me to ship to a different address. Is there to many red flags or am I just being paranoid. The guy has been a member of ebay since 05 with no negative feedback. Everything cleared and its being shipped to the paypal verified address.

Thank you for any information!

Go to the "details" page on the Paypal transaction. In the upper right, is there a green checkmark saying "eligible?"

If not and/or if it says "partially eligible," you're not protected against a chargeback for unauthorized use. You'd only be protected against INR as long as you have d.c. and s.c. (since the item is over $250).

If it says "eligible" and "okay to ship," you'll be fine. But you must ship to the address on that paypal receipt and NOT to another address he requested.

I am always leery of these 'issues' that seem to crop up after the sale. How convenient that he is shopping for $$$$ items that he won't be there to receive. Not.

If you indeed have seller protection and pp says ok to ship I would go through USPS online and get the "adult restricted signature" (I think that is what it is called) which means that only the person that the package is adressed to can sign for it and they have to show ID. I have done this before with items that are high in value or if I had any conserns about the buyer. GL!

If you indeed have seller protection and pp says ok to ship I would go through USPS online and get the "adult restricted signature" (I think that is what it is called) which means that only the person that the package is adressed to can sign for it and they have to show ID. I have done this before with items that are high in value or if I had any conserns about the buyer. GL!

Paypal does say that I am completely eligible for seller protection. I shipped yesterday via UPS with adult signature required. Hopefully this is okay.

Thank you for the information ladies. I am still concerned but hoping that I covered all of my bases and nothing goes wrong

Paypal does say that I am completely eligible for seller protection. I shipped yesterday via UPS with adult signature required. Hopefully this is okay.

Thank you for the information ladies. I am still concerned but hoping that I covered all of my bases and nothing goes wrong

Fingers cross Op. :smile:
I hope it ends well