Am I being too picky?

I think I am going to keep it, after all. The seller did offer to let me send it back, and apologized profusely. She said she honestly did not see the signs of wear and would have reported them if she had...I don't know about that, but I'm just glad she reacted nicely to my email! The last thing I wanted was an email feud.

It may seem dumb, but I'm kind of looking forward to cleaning this bag up and giving it some love...the signs of wear on the corners are VERY slight (even though they ARE there) and I'm hoping some Apple conditioner will help them. I ordered a bottle of it today. I am going to take the vacuum and the Tide to Go pen to the interior to get the crumbs and the ink marks out.

I will take some pics tonight at home and post some "after" shots as well once I get done cleaning it up.
i'm glad you got you bag after waiting all weekend! glad it was safe!
i think you'll feel great after cleaning her up....sorry this happened...!

I think I am going to keep it, after all. The seller did offer to let me send it back, and apologized profusely. She said she honestly did not see the signs of wear and would have reported them if she had...I don't know about that, but I'm just glad she reacted nicely to my email! The last thing I wanted was an email feud.

It may seem dumb, but I'm kind of looking forward to cleaning this bag up and giving it some love...the signs of wear on the corners are VERY slight (even though they ARE there) and I'm hoping some Apple conditioner will help them. I ordered a bottle of it today. I am going to take the vacuum and the Tide to Go pen to the interior to get the crumbs and the ink marks out.

I will take some pics tonight at home and post some "after" shots as well once I get done cleaning it up.

Sounds like you came to a good resolution. :yes: I am glad you decided to keep it - the Legacy 06 shoulder bags seem to be getting harder to come by and I would hate for you to miss out on such a great bag!

Good luck cleaning her up - I used Apple on my whiskey '06 shoulder bag recently and it looks and feels great. :tup:

Sounds like you came to a good resolution. :yes: I am glad you decided to keep it - the Legacy 06 shoulder bags seem to be getting harder to come by and I would hate for you to miss out on such a great bag!

Good luck cleaning her up - I used Apple on my whiskey '06 shoulder bag recently and it looks and feels great. :tup:

Thanks greenpixie...that's pretty much why I didn't want to return it, with them being so hard to track down. :smile: I have high hopes that it will clean up nicely...I hope my Apple comes quickly! Until then I'm going to wipe her down with a damp cloth and get all the dirt and dust off so she'll be ready to rock when it gets here!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement ladies, I knew you guys would understand!! :smile:

Thanks greenpixie...that's pretty much why I didn't want to return it, with them being so hard to track down. :smile: I have high hopes that it will clean up nicely...I hope my Apple comes quickly! Until then I'm going to wipe her down with a damp cloth and get all the dirt and dust off so she'll be ready to rock when it gets here!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement ladies, I knew you guys would understand!! :smile:

You're welcome! :yes: I paid close to what you did for my 06 shoulder bag on ebay (a lightly used one as well). Not only did it clean up great, but I figured even if they did hit the outlets for less I never was able to track one down myself, let alone for that price, and I still saved quite a bit off retail for that bag.

Enjoy her and be sure to post pics after her "spa" treatment of Apple Care! :flowers:

(BTW if you ordered from Leatherstuff.com like I did they processed & shipped fast - I got my order in only maybe 3 days. Great service!)

You're welcome! :yes: I paid close to what you did for my 06 shoulder bag on ebay (a lightly used one as well). Not only did it clean up great, but I figured even if they did hit the outlets for less I never was able to track one down myself, let alone for that price, and I still saved quite a bit off retail for that bag.

Enjoy her and be sure to post pics after her "spa" treatment of Apple Care! :flowers:

(BTW if you ordered from Leatherstuff.com like I did they processed & shipped fast - I got my order in only maybe 3 days. Great service!)

Oooh, I ordered mine off Leatherstuff.com too!! Excellent. :smile:

Hee, that is too funny thinking of it as a "spa" treatment! We should all be treated so well, I suppose. Maybe I'll go get a massage this week too, so I don't feel left out. :yes:

I am VERY pleased to report that after a Tide to Go pen and some quality time with a damp washrag and vacuum cleaner attachment, my shoulder bag is already looking TONS better! I was able to get all the ink stains out on the lining. I think with some Apple Care she's going to look fantastic!!!

Here she is...
2258732015_416da8ea66.jpg

Here's a back view...
2259530404_bce76eefba.jpg

And a bottom view...
2258736285_31c084cee2.jpg

And finally a lining view...I am SO proud of being able to get the ink out. It was all over the green stripe nearest the creed.

2258733323_483a562815.jpg

She is a lot shiner and prettier now that she's not so dirty. I am feeling a lot better about my purchase now that she doesn't look dingy and poorly cared for. I can't wait for the Apple Care to get here so I can really give her a good rubdown. LOL

I would definitely e-mail the seller, maybe not post it in the feedback but at least let them know that they are misrepresenting and the next person may not be as nice and just leave a negative.

I would def. e-mail them because you don't want to spend money on something that ended up be misrepresented. Maybe the seller can give you a partial refund or something.

This was the case for something I ordered on Ebay before and the seller refunded my shipping fee for the trouble, although it wasn't a bag, but they should want their customers to be satisfied.