Am I being too picky?

Sorry, I returned it. The flap is off by 1 centimeter so it was slanted. The quilting feels and look very flat in person. I went to two stores and found one silver hardware that has puffy quilting which was what I was looking for but the flap was uneven too. There was also wrinkles on the back of the bag. I was so sad I couldn’t find a perfect one. I settled for a gold hardware because the quilting was very plush and the flap was even. I’ve literally examined 10+ silver hardware black lambskin woc and the flap is all uneven. I thought it was the zipper or strap from inside causing it to be uneven when the closure snap closed but it’s not. There was two more stores I could visit to find another silver hardware woc but I was just exhausted from searching. Now thinking about it, I should have still went to those two stores.

Yeah I can see what you mean it's slightly uneven and if it bothers you it always will. Did you try and put your things inside to see if it would still be uneven? One of my classic bags - the chain where it lays flat on the top when worn single strap sat unevenly. I tried adjusting the leather but it just wouldn't budge and I couldn't stand it and I couldn't understand why it was happening because everything looked evenly placed, so I know what you mean. I wish Chanel would care more about these fine details during production and storage.

Yeah I can see what you mean it's slightly uneven and if it bothers you it always will. Did you try and put your things inside to see if it would still be uneven? One of my classic bags - the chain where it lays flat on the top when worn single strap sat unevenly. I tried adjusting the leather but it just wouldn't budge and I couldn't stand it and I couldn't understand why it was happening because everything looked evenly placed, so I know what you mean. I wish Chanel would care more about these fine details during production oh no, were you able to exchange for another one?
Sorry for the messed up reply LOL I am still new at this forum. Yes, I put my car key fob, chapstick, and a tiny sanizer. It was still the same ☹️ Oh no! Were you able to do an exchange? I agree with you on that. I feel like it shouldn’t be the customers doing quality control on their purchases!

My woc came in gold hardware. The flap is still off by 2 cm and interior feels like it was used because it’s not shaped like brand new. What should I do? it’s making my experience not exciting anymore lol

My woc came in gold hardware. The flap is still off by 2 cm and interior feels like it was used because it’s not shaped like brand new. What should I do? it’s making my experience not exciting anymore lol

Some bags are flatter than others, it doesn’t necessarily mean it was used. Also the leather varies so some can feel softer on the accordion part of the bag than others, especially in lambskin. So the WOC you purchased you thought was even, but actually isn’t? Can you post a pic?

If you feel this way, you should absolutely return bc it’s not making you 100% happy. I confess that I don’t see anything wrong with your bag that i think is the bag in your post above. As was explained to me by another more knowledgeable TPFer, the flap is not off in its measurement; rather storage and or gravity have created asymetry in its curvature or sides. Its a soft sided wallet made of leather, so that may happen.

i forgot to add, posts above have surmised that chanel has imposed bag limits to deter resellers. I believe the limits are to deter the return or repeat return of merchandise. With every return, there is the increased chance of wear and tear; there is also time during shipping and reprocessing that the bag is out of valuable circulation and cannot be purchased. In addition, the SA will have to try to sell the bags from that location. It’s not a win situation for anyone except corporate.

I honestly never bothered to learn how bag SAs are compensated, but I recall from posts by @TraceySH and others that a Bag SA may not make enough per unit to compensate for time lost searching for the perfect bag for one client. My SA would not have an issue sourcing, transferring, or holding a bag for me, not because I spend more than some of you, but bc I spend in a category RTW that yields better yield for the effort. she did tell me that 1. It takes a lot of internal emails and sometimes horse trading of stock and such to transfer certain items; 2. They would prefer to make that effort for exclusive clients who will generally take the item and not return.

Although I personally have had good luck with chanel lambskin bags and RTW, the bulk of my collection is Hermes Simply bc my bag aesthetics and purposes have changed. I would think hard about buying a new bag at retail simply bc I’m not sure I want to pay the new prices (I have owned many chanel bags during the decades when prices were much lower)

ETA: i have been told the same as the post below mine by @alxyoung : that the bag needs to settle. I have also been told it may need to be stuffed to train it back if it’s not one of the more reinforced designs.

Last edited: