Am I being to picky and unreasonable?

Should the stripes line up or am I expecting too much?

• Yes, an $88 umbrella should be perfect, lined up stripes and all!

• No, the umbrella is nice enough. $88 is a small price to pay.

Results are only viewable after voting.

LLEvans4

O.G.
Apr 21, 2007
OK, this is the second umbrella.
I returned the first because the stripes didn't line up all the way around. I got this today and they don't line up either!
Is this a terrible coincidence, or am I expecting too much?
Please help!
IMG_9412 2.jpg

IMHO...You are NOT being picky at all - you just want the best quality from the product you are paying for!
I would not feel comfortable (or proud) to have paid $88 for an umbrella that is not PERFECT!!

That's a tough one...

Nope.

I think if you're going to drop 88 bucks for an umbrella, the lines should be straight...

I know we're paying for the Coach name but that's because the name implies a quality product--hence the higher price!

Maybe they had trouble with that batch in manufacturing?

Bottom line--it's your money so only you can decide what's acceptable!:P

I don't think you're being picky and/or unreasonable, but you may be on a quest to find the impossible. I don't know very much about these umbrellas and I have never seen one in person, but it's possible that none of them line up. If that's the case, you might be happier with something else. $88 is too much to pay for an umbrella that you are not happy with! Hopefully someone who owns one can chime in. :yes:

I wouldn't be happy if it wasn't perfect either, but I think you might want to take into consideration that it just might be one of those products that aren't made to line up. If that is the case, would you still want it?

I don't know if there is any way to find out, maybe ask your SA about it.

Talking to my local Coach SA's is hopeless. They don't sell Legacy and are clueless about it. I returned the first umbrella (which was worse) to them and when I went into the store today they had it out for sale! :confused1:

i can understand why you'd be disappointed...but, honestly, will anyone notice if you have the umbrella up? kwim? or is it the fact that YOU know it's not perfect?

The bottom line is this-YOU notice it and it makes you unhappy. That's all that matters. If you are going to spend $88 on an umbrella, it better make you happy!

Maybe all the umbrellas of this style are going to end up being this way?

You should totally be satisfied with your purchase

Is there another style you like, it may make you happier? :smile:

Well, I am going to return it, again. I am an Interior Designer and things like this drive me insane. I expect a pattern to be matched on a sofa, chair, pillow, etc....why not an umbrella, too?
Thanks for everyone's input. Like I said, I am picky on things like this by trade, so I didn't know if I was being unreasonable with this. you all have convinced me I'm not.
I love this forum!:tender::tender::tender: