Am I being ridiculous?

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
Okay - I never even thought about questioning this but I have seen posts here so now I'm nervous.

A week or two ago I bought a speedy b in DE from the LV in saks because my Boston boutique was sold out. They had one left and it was made in France. I thought it was meant to be! I inspected the bag as I know I should and saw some black stuff on the handle that came off and that was it. When I got home I noticed how yellow and scratched up the lock on the bag was. It didn't match the hardware on the bag at all. I almost wonder if this bag was a return and they switched the lock? It is possible to get a fake from LV? I haven't used it at all, I haven't actually taken it out of the box more than a couple times. What should I do? Am I being crazy? I noticed that my friends speedy B DA has a 30 mark above the strap loop on the bag and mine doesn't - is that okay?

Thanks friends!!

I noticed that the lock in my speedy b 30 DE tarnished SUPER quick. Like within the first week of use. I'm not sure why it seems they use their crappiest locks for the speedy b, but I know when I bought my speedy empreinte, I noticed there's a HUGE quality difference between the 2 locks my empreinte lock is still super nice and shiny while my speedy b DE lock is tarnished and dull. HTH

BTW.... Your bag should definitely have the number 30 above the strap loop on one side!!

oh I would exchange this in a heart beat. I am way too OCD, you know yourself the best if it's something that is bothering you, that won't go away, it bothers you now, it will bother you 10 years from now. The amount of money we pay for our luxuries, you better believe they have to be IMMACULATE! :smile: good luck!

I noticed that the lock in my speedy b 30 DE tarnished SUPER quick. Like within the first week of use. I'm not sure why it seems they use their crappiest locks for the speedy b, but I know when I bought my speedy empreinte, I noticed there's a HUGE quality difference between the 2 locks my empreinte lock is still super nice and shiny while my speedy b DE lock is tarnished and dull. HTH

BTW.... Your bag should definitely have the number 30 above the strap loop on one side!!

Thank you - since you said that I pulled the strap down and found it but its super faint. Thank you!!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405905267.711451.jpg

oh I would exchange this in a heart beat. I am way too OCD, you know yourself the best if it's something that is bothering you, that won't go away, it bothers you now, it will bother you 10 years from now. The amount of money we pay for our luxuries, you better believe they have to be IMMACULATE! :smile: good luck!

Thank you!!

I just questioned a few minor things about my new totally too and at the end of the day my gut says (in my case) that it's a purse, it's going to be used as a purse and will continue getting minor wear and tear with use. I spent too much money to not use and enjoy it!

If it bothers you I would see if you can exchange the lock, but chances are the rest of the hard wear will turn / tarnish too and it will all match soon.
And I don't think LV would ever sell a fake or allow someone to return one, so rest easy.

But if either bother you go in and see what you can do. It's a beautiful bag! Enjoy it!!

I just questioned a few minor things about my new totally too and at the end of the day my gut says (in my case) that it's a purse, it's going to be used as a purse and will continue getting minor wear and tear with use. I spent too much money to not use and enjoy it!

If it bothers you I would see if you can exchange the lock, but chances are the rest of the hard wear will turn / tarnish too and it will all match soon.
And I don't think LV would ever sell a fake or allow someone to return one, so rest easy.

But if either bother you go in and see what you can do. It's a beautiful bag! Enjoy it!!

Thanks :smile: I really appreciate the feedback. I mean my delightful last month wasnt perfect and i love it but the lock on this just made me nervous about it being used or possibly fake, yikes, lol.

Thank you so much for time!

I absolutely thought about that too. I'm just all concerned that someone returned a fake or something. Thanks so much for the advice!!

I don't think you need to worry about it being fake...the mismatch hardware was an issue....after awhile you won't even notice the hardware but if it really bothers you, you could return the bag....I think it may be difficult to find a speedy b with matching hardware..:smile:

I don't think you need to worry about it being fake...the mismatch hardware was an issue....after awhile you won't even notice the hardware but if it really bothers you, you could return the bag....I think it may be difficult to find a speedy b with matching hardware..:smile:

Thanks LVlvoe_bug, you are such a gem :smile: