Am i being petty or am i right??!

Princess_lydz

Jul 17, 2008
I bought something on EvilBay not an expensive item. Anyway long story short half of my order is incorrect. I emailed the seller and asked what will happen now. She emailed me back giving me a return address and said that she would send me the correct items once the return has been received. Thats fair enough.

BUT...why should i pay for her mistake?? I want to ask for a partial refund of my shipping costs back (also do i need to send recorded which is even more expensive to cover my back if they get lost?) but i dont want to make the seller mad as i need her to send the correct items out to me.

Any advice on how i should proceed?

can you tell us what the items are?

Course - its just card blanks and envelopes.

The postage would be about £2.50. I paid £4.65 plus £1.95 postage orignally.

It just seems unfair to me as i did nothing wrong :sad:

I will email her saying 'I will return the item tomorrow morning. Will my postage be refunded as there was a mistake with the order?'

That doesnt sound like im being rude or anything does it?

I once did a mix up, sent wrong items to wrong buyers. I refunded part of their payment by paypal to cover the return postage, because it was my mistake so I should pay for it. That's what I did...

I don't think it sounds rude at all. I don't think you are being petty either. If it is the seller's mistake, they should refund the shipping imo. But that is purely voluntary on their part as paypal does not require them to pay return shipping.

thats not unfair at all and you bought something with your hard earned money so regardless how much it cost it costed you something.if this seller is a good genuine seller they'll do everything possible to make things right.

I just had the same problem - I bought 2 little trinkets from an ebay seller - one of the 2 came damaged - I had to mail it back to the seller and he said he won't refund my expense since he doesn't refund shipping.... HELLO - it's his mistake - why do I need to pay..... I think once you receive the replacement you should see if Paypal can help you get your extra expense back..... I think I will go that route since I don't want to be out the items too....

I would return second class and obtain proof of posting. Princess is right are are still protected up to £36 if it goes missing.

I dont see anything wrong with asking for a full refund for the cost of posting.

Just think of the inconveniance of going to the post office aswell. I dunno about you but the post office near me is a nightmare its always busy.

I don't think you are being petty. At the end of the day it's not a lot of money, but it's the principle of the thing.

The seller made the mistake, she should have to wear the extra costs.