Am I being paranoid?

May 13, 2007
Hi all!

I purchased and received a vintage Chanel backpack from Fashionphile which I scored a really good deal on but a little part of me is a little skeptical because it’s too good to be true. And I am loosing sleep over it searching the internet and checking second hand websites to compare. I haven’t been able to find many of these backpacks but the ones I’ve found have like an inside pocket or a serial sticker. Mine does not and tbh, I didn’t really question it when I bought it because it’s Fashionphile and I’ve had great experiences with them in the past. The leather on this is super good, no cracking and looks Barely worn and from my research, this piece is feom maybe the 90’s? I Submitted some Photos to the authenticate my Chanel thread so just waiting on a Reply. But from Ironic’s original reply, they said it’s likely fine which gives me back a little more sleep.

So am I tripping out and giving myself unnecessary stress? I’m hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that it’s the real deal. Here’s a photo of the beauty I scored for those that are interested

9CC446E9-8798-4335-9F8F-B2A970A0FC80.jpeg

61527D28-8DBD-4D45-A8DC-12B94108BFE6.jpeg

1CA4C63F-3D23-4AE3-945E-A0FB03225389.jpeg

Last edited:
Have it authenticated for peace of mind. I would try etinceler authentications. Fashionphile has a very easy return policy, so don't worry. If it turns up fake, which is most likely not the case from Fashionphile or even if you just change you mind you can just return.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I was the same today! I got a small classic caviar flap on depop for a ridiculously good price and spent a whole day checking every inch of it while waiting for Etinceler to write back. Turns out it is authentic and only for a third of the price, I am delighted! Good luck!