Am I being paranoid? Concern about the legacy logos.

LaReina06

May 17, 2009
I love the look of the new legacy, but I sort of don't want to buy them due to the stamped logo. I just feel like it will flake off over tim, which would frustrate me to no end. Am I being paranoid?

Not at all. I think they will flake off and very quickly. I personally don't mind if it does flake off and that's saying a lot b/c I am really anal about things being in perfect condition from day 1 onward. It is a small logo and I think it will still look good once the silver has worn away.

If it bothers you, aren't there some Legacy that has the stamp without the foil?

I personally love this new logo. It's not so "in your face" like some of the other ones. I do see it coming off eventually but as shoebaglady said, it will still look good at that point too. You will then just have a subtle stamp of the name.

I can't stand the foil stamped logo. As soon as I saw them in Vlad's pics and the DD pics I thought, no way. It's one of the reasons I don't think I'll buy any of the new Legacy bags or wallets. I had planned on getting some tassels fobs because some of the not-yet-released colors are gorgeous, but now I'm thinking that won't happen, either. The more I see of this line, the less I like it. I've been to the FP store and I just walk right by them.

I did have a royal blue clutch bag I bought in Italy in 1985, and iirc correctly, it had a gold stamped logo, but it was inside the bag, not on the outside. That one didn't bug me.

I really hope there's some new Madison collection for fall winter. If there's not, I'm going to be so upset.

I don't know a lot about the process, but all of the logos seem to be at the top or by a zipper opening; I wonder if it's something that could possibly be fixed if sent in. I assume it would be the same stamping process they use when the make the monogram hangtags. I would like to think that if we thought of that they definitely did, and they wouldn't be like
"O'h well we'll deal with that when customers start complaining" lol. I hope they're a more proactive than that.

It may or may not flake. I think it depends on how much direct "handling" the actual stamp gets. I'm not going to worry about it unless it happens, and even then I'll have to see how it looks first.

I was one of those who hated the duffles when I first saw them previewed. It took seeing them IRL to fall in love. Pics just don't do this line justice. I'll admit, I don't care for the structured satchels, like the Tanner and Candace, but I really love the slouchier bags like the duffles and Rory and Bucket Bag!

I have heatstamped bags with stamps more than 20 years old, no issues with the foil. The foil is bonded on with heat and I don't think it's going anywhere unless you rubbed the logo directly with something very abrasive.

I like the new stamped logo, however, I think they shouldn't have added the foil. I agree with you and think it's going to flake off pretty quickly. Now, if it completely flakes off and just leaves the stamped logo, that wouldn't bother me. But if the foil just starts flaking in spots, that would make me crazy. Sorry, I'm not much help!