Am I being paranoid? Concern about the legacy logos.

I didn't even consider this when I bought my bag. Now I'm wondering if I should trade it in before it wears and starts bothering me. Damn! I try to be so meticulous and the one time I decide I want something just because I like it and to hell with over meticulous planning, this is what happens. :nogood:

Well, we are all just "guessing" right now. No one has had their legacy bags long enough to be able to tell. What will be the test is about a year of use. Then we'll know if it's a problem or not. I think everyone is concerned but no one knows for sure. I would just hang in there for now. If you love a bag, my thinking is to just keep it and use it and not worry about it... Coach is really good about fixing things or giving you discount coupons if things are not repairable, even years later. Unlike LV and other high end bags, where they pretty much leave you high and dry.

Kath

Well, we are all just "guessing" right now. No one has had their legacy bags long enough to be able to tell. What will be the test is about a year of use. Then we'll know if it's a problem or not. I think everyone is concerned but no one knows for sure. I would just hang in there for now.

If you love a bag, my thinking is to just keep it and use it and not worry about it... Coach is really good about fixing things or giving you discount coupons if things are not repairable, even years later. Unlike LV and other high end bags, where they pretty much leave you high and dry.

Kath
I agree completely :smile:

I think I am wrong about the logo - it appeared gold at first and I think I just assumed it was - now it looks silver to me. Sorry for the misinformation.

You know I love my new Ultraviolet Legacy but am a little annoyed when I realized that the hardware is silver and the logo is gold. Well, I still think the gold will flake off 0 time will tell. Strange that they did it that way, huh?
P1040509.jpg

I think that must be a mistake because I looked at them at Macy's today and the stamps all matched the hardware on the duffle's that I saw. But, I didn't see the Ultraviolet there, so can't say for sure.

I like the logo. I think it is simple and understated and makes the bag seem more classic and the touch of foil adds an extra dazzle to it. I doubt it flakes easily & I only say this because I agree, as someone else said here I think, that there probably won't be too much direct contact with the logo to cause it to rub off easily. Dont let the unknown fear of it possibly wearing off after some time deter you from getting the bag. Wouldn't it be a shame if years from now everyone was saying "I love my legacy _____ (insert style) and the foil is as perfect as day 1!" and then it made u feel like u missed the boat? Coach stands by their products for a reason and that is to ensure customers keep coming back! :smile:

champagne_taste said:
i like the logo. I think it is simple and understated and makes the bag seem more classic and the touch of foil adds an extra dazzle to it. I doubt it flakes easily & i only say this because i agree, as someone else said here i think, that there probably won't be too much direct contact with the logo to cause it to rub off easily. Dont let the unknown fear of it possibly wearing off after some time deter you from getting the bag. Wouldn't it be a shame if years from now everyone was saying "i love my legacy _____ (insert style) and the foil is as perfect as day 1!" and then it made u feel like u missed the boat? Coach stands by their products for a reason and that is to ensure customers keep coming back! :smile:

+1

I have heatstamped bags with stamps more than 20 years old, no issues with the foil. The foil is bonded on with heat and I don't think it's going anywhere unless you rubbed the logo directly with something very abrasive.

Ditto. And other brands like Kate Spade have been using the same stamped gold logos for years with no issues. I'm not concerned.