Am I being Foolish.

It's like some pp only purchase Made in France LVs-personal preferrence! Even it's the last one in store(display?), it won't bother me as much b/c it's bullet proof Damier-this baby never show signs of aging!

I have to say that I personally never look where something is made or when-I very carefully look if the bag is ok, but apart from that, I do not care. But-if it is important for you better wait for a newer one. You should enjoy your purchase and when you always look at it thinking it`s not what you want, then it wouldn`t be right for you.

I won't mind personally as long as the bag is perfect. Saying, I would wait for a 2007 one if it is going to be made slightly different, like the Damier Ribera-there's both a newer and older version of it.

I really want a damier keepall 55 and went to Louis Vuitton this evening to buy it. But the date code on the bag said that it was made in august of 2006, and i really want one from this year, and it was the only one left. So i put the bag on hold to go home and think about it. Do you think i am being foolish by only wanting to buy a Louis from 2007.

Thank you.
Its just a highly purchased bag, Yes I think its foolish. As long as the bag is NEW/unused, there is no reason to not buy it because of the date code.:shrugs:

I wouldn't care what year the date code from from as long as the bag was brand new. Honestly, I don't know enough about date codes to care.

That said, I am particular that the bags I buy from LV have the Made in France tag for some odd reason. I can't explain it. The reason I mention that is b/c we all have our "issues" as to how we want things. If you won't be happy with the older date code, don't get it.