Am I being CHEAP???

All I know is Coach, I've never had the dough to branch out to other brands. But if you're cheap, I must be skid-row because I couldn't dole out $800 for any bag. I'm still waiting to be discovered, by the way, when I hit it big-time first thing I'll get is an $800 bag and it better be all leather. LMBO!

I would be reluctant to pay full price for a Coach bag simply for the fact that you could save money with PCE. The bag could also end up in the outlet in a few months. I believe the Mandy was originally close to 700 and I saw a lot of them in the outlets for around $400 or less during the holidays.

NOT AT ALL!!! I refuse to spend that kind of money on a Coach as well. I'd rather have an LV! I recently decided to "broaden my horizons" and shop outside of Coach. I just bought a Cole Haan bag on sale that I absolutely LOVE!

I've never spent that much on one bag...there are MANY that I would love to have, but the bottom line for me is that I would be so paranoid of anything happening to it that I wouldn't really enjoy it...and if I didn't feel good about it, then it wouldn't look good...that said, if I were the type of person who liked to carry one purse for years straight, and knew that I wouldn't be out in six months wanting a new toy, then it would be worth the investment. But that's just not me!!!

I don't think you're cheap.. I wouldn't personally spend that much on any bag, no matter what the brand. Everyone has their own things they will spend more on... to me my limit on a bag is about $400 and that is a lot more than I spent a year ago! :wtf: I am just not into looking over at a purse and thinking that cost almost $1,000.00 :P If you are not comfortable with it, don't do it! It's your money and you should buy what you want with it. :okay:

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and it looks like everyone agrees that $800 is expensive... especially since COACH use to be on the so called "more affordable" end of designer bags... now the prices keep going up and up... I would definitely not spend $800 on a bag.. The only way I would is if I had the PCE!! :P

You are definitely not being cheap. I cannot fathom having to spend $800 on a bag. I have 3 kids and currently on my year long maternity leave. So I have a budget since my pay has been cut than more than half for the year and $800 is more than my bi-weekly mortgage payment and plus my hubb I just recently treated myself to a HAMPTONS SIGNATURE Small Hobo and with gift cards, I got myself a HAMPTONS SIGNATURE Small Wristlet and Mini Skinny. The only thing I plan on getting myself within the next couple of weeks is the ERGO PEBBLED LEATHER Small Hobo & ERGO PATENT SIGNATURE Mini Skinny since my hubby is off to Miami in a couple of weeks. I probably won't buy anything again until Mother's Day! (I'll be requesting a COACH gift card from my hubby for Mother's Day)

I would spend that on multiple bags if I had that cash, but not just the one, no matter what it is made out of or what brand it is. To pay that I wouldn't be able to eat for some weeks. I am living off a loan and selling items I own just to get 1 coach below retail (damn my unquenchable lust for beautiful handbags)! Hence why I also only have 2 coaches and a mini skinny!

I know even if I had a stable career and income, and wasn't living off a loan in education I would still not spend that on just the one bag. I would never want to take it out for fear of it getting dirty. Plus coach isn't as widely known (in the UK anyway) as balenciaga, LV and brands like that, so it wouldn't look as much as the amount you paid for it. The name adds so much more to it.

I would rather buy a $700 LEATHER Coach than a $700 coated canvas LV. However, if I did save up that much for a bag, I would probably go for a Balenciaga, but you buy what you love.

I completely agree. Why would I shell out that kind of money for coated CANVAS when I can get supple leather??

I don't even like the look of LV so I wouldn't even spend $100 on one.

Not at all, I feel the same way.
REFUSED To spend anymore then 300$.

I've yet to see a choach last more then 20 years and look good (maybe a leather one but who knows.)

Leather bags, absolutely! :tup: With proper care and feeding of course. I agree, the prices have gone way up...but for me, the few that I have that are the pricier ones (2 Mandy's, a Felicia (all purchased with PCE cards though) and soon to be Luci) are worth it. IMO. Granted I always get the "safer" colors....black and brown. :P The Legacy pieces bring back memories of when I first found Coach.

I have several that I had worn for 2 + years STRAIGHT, and they look almost brand new, just squishier. The brown bag in the back middle is perforated! :tender:

The "original" bucket in the back left in this picture was purchsed in 1992-93. :heart:
I bought a new strap through Coach (still have the old one) and had it shortened so that it isn't such a long hangin' bag on me. I still have all of these except for the Patchwork Gallery Tote.

Attachments

• CoachColl.P2030289.JPG
    CoachColl.P2030289.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 34
I would rather buy a $700 LEATHER Coach than a $700 coated canvas LV. However, if I did save up that much for a bag, I would probably go for a Balenciaga, but you buy what you love.

I love my Coach and my LV's...but I think for the money, the leather Coach bags offer more for your money. :shrugs:

That said, in both lines there are only a few select styles that I like and have purchased. If I find one that I love, I find a way to get it! :graucho: