Am I all alone about it?

HoneyHoney

Dec 27, 2011
Please do not be mad at me! I wonder if I'm completely alone in disliking some of Rayure handbags or accessories. I will not offend those who have those things, but I really do not understand what is so special about this collection. I especially dislike the Monogram print with Rayure. But am I the only one?

Again, I apologize

No, I don't think you're alone, I'm not particularly fond of the Vernis Rayure collection, if I had to pick between the mono and vernis line, I'd rather something from the mono.
I think everyone has different tastes and I love seeing all the different things from LV, before I joined this forum, I thought LV was just the mono print and multicolore print, so it's nice to see so many different lines :smile:

Please do not be mad at me! I wonder if I'm completely alone in disliking some of Rayure handbags or accessories. I will not offend those who have those things, but I really do not understand what is so special about this collection. I especially dislike the Monogram print with Rayure. But am I the only one?

Again, I apologize

No, I am thinking the same. Vernis Rayure looks like a Victoria secret bag to me, and monogram looks like a zebra or prison clothes. I do not know how to combinate that colors with regular clothes (I like the roses neverfull much more for example). But we all have different tastes. For example, I do not like the mono Arsty and everyone is buying it (like they did with Galliera in the past). There are enough LV bags for all tastes, I guess :graucho:

No, I am thinking the same. Vernis Rayure looks like a Victoria secret bag to me, and monogram looks like a zebra or prison clothes. I do not know how to combinate that colors with regular clothes (I like the roses neverfull much more for example). But we all have different tastes. For example, I do not like the mono Arsty and everyone is buying it (like they did with Galliera in the past). There are enough LV bags for all tastes, I guess :graucho:

I feel the same way!

Me too I personally don't get it either ~ prison-issued bags is what I thought too -- I'll stick with classic styles. I don't get into those other specialty lines either (i.e. Illustration, Groom, etc...) I think they can look dated real fast. But to each her own! There are avid collectors who feel each piece is a new work of art and collect just for the history of it and artistry of the designs. I can respect that! :tup:

Same here.. Don't like the Rayure collection.. If there's anything I would pick from there, probably the charm and cosmetic pouch but then, I would still be hesitated to pay $510 for a cosmetic pouch like that.. I was supposed to get the Vernis Rayure zippy wallet and I was honestly disappointed when I saw it IRL, it looked cheap IMHO.. Sorry to offend those people who own this.. Just my point of view..:smile:

Different strokes for different folks..:graucho:

I'm not a big fan of the Monogram version, but I think some of the Vernis pieces are really nice. I guess not everyone can like everything, it's a good job LV give us plenty to choose from!

Nope...not a fan of some of the new collections either. One reminds me of a circus tent and the red and pink thing reminds me of the uniform i wore when I was a hospital volunteer years ago.....but hey, that's what makes us unique....we all have different likes and dislikes.

I dislike the pomme version of the vernis personally for the same reason, I thought specifically Victoria Secret. I hate the monogram rayure, the only piece I don't mind as much is the noe. Otherwise even in the amarante, the zippy didn't dazzle me when I saw it in person... IDK if it was the lighting. There was a reveal on one and I really liked it in the picture, but for me with the size of the zippy in person, the stripes was too overwhelming for me. I only liked the cosmetic case and the sarah wallet. I thought it was cute because it was a classic shape but with fun yet subdued formal stripes that reminded me of a wonka bar :P but to each their own!

Same here.. Don't like the Rayure collection.. If there's anything I would pick from there, probably the charm and cosmetic pouch but then, I would still be hesitated to pay $510 for a cosmetic pouch like that.. I was supposed to get the Vernis Rayure zippy wallet and I was honestly disappointed when I saw it IRL, it looked cheap IMHO.. Sorry to offend those people who own this.. Just my point of view..:smile:

Different strokes for different folks..:graucho:

agree! when i saw the wallet with dbf he said it looked cheap.....and it reminds me of a victoria secret bag.........:lol::lol::lol::lol:

everyone has different tastes though!

Me too I personally don't get it either ~ prison-issued bags is what I thought too -- I'll stick with classic styles. I don't get into those other specialty lines either (i.e. Illustration, Groom, etc...) I think they can look dated real fast. But to each her own! There are avid collectors who feel each piece is a new work of art and collect just for the history of it and artistry of the designs. I can respect that! :tup:

exactly. i agree with everything. I kind of liked the vernis mirror case, but probably because there is not one in the classic styles.