Am i able to replace my LV bag?

May 12, 2020
I got hand sanitizer on my monogram bag handle am i allowed to return it? I just got it, i saw some posts saying that some people were lucky enough to be able to replace their bag as they only had it for a month.

mrsinsyder

Mar 8, 2013
Florida
You damaged your bag and you want LV to replace it for you? Their care instructions even specifically say that you should use caution with hand sanitizers :confused1:

To preserve the beauty of your product, please prevent any contact with oil or alcohol-based substances such as hand sanitizers, cosmetics, perfumes, or disinfectants.

May 12, 2020
You damaged your bag and you want LV to replace it for you? Their care instructions even specifically say that you should use caution with hand sanitizers :confused1:
Oh it was just a question.. i was just wondering because i saw a post of someone doing that so i was just confirming if it was true or not

Kevinh73

Jul 20, 2017
I would just bring it in and ask. Worse come to worse they tell you your the one who damaged it thus you have to eat it. The handle should be replaceable at a cost in case they won’t exchange a new one for you. If you are getting a new replacement handle, I would do it soon so the patina (assuming it has vacchetta on it) will age same as rest of the bag (assuming it has vacchetta pipping).

Reactions: Winter’sJoy

JY1217

Nov 30, 2014
Berlin
Please never do such thing, if you were not sure about the bag please never put any cream or substance on the product. If you had done it please don't try to return it. imagine if you buy a LV bag and it was actually a return which has a sanitized handle that can damage and wear faster than normal.
Yes it could be that somene has done this, that's no need to confirm anything, and there's nothing lucky about returning an used(or even worse, a bag that's been sprayed with disinfectants) bag without getting caught. I think you knew the answer very well, I'm not sure what's your intention behind this post or question. You can try however you want but if you ask for opinions here, that's my 2 cents.

KMA83

Apr 12, 2020
Can you share a picture, I am sure the stain will blend as the bag gets its patina.

Winter’sJoy

Feb 18, 2019
I would take it into the store and ask. It doesn’t hurt to ask and the worst they could say is no and maybe provide another option. The poster above is right, it may blend in as it patinas. Good luck!

May 12, 2020
Oh okay. I’ll just cover it up with a scarf. I read that some people treat their vachetta, do you guys recommend that or what are you thoughts on that? Here’s a picture below

Attachments

May 12, 2020
I don’t mean any harm either. Just genuinely curious. Also is baby wipes something i can use or bc the hand sanitizer is alcohol base there’s not much i can do until i wait til it becomes a patina color?

HKsai

Jul 24, 2016
I would just use leather lotion to blend it in. It will get darker but my concern is the leather drying out from the alcohol.

Winter’sJoy

Feb 18, 2019
Oh okay. I’ll just cover it up with a scarf. I read that some people treat their vachetta, do you guys recommend that or what are you thoughts on that? Here’s a picture below
Sorry this happened. I know it’s upsetting especially since it is a brand new bag. I would try the patina method on it and give it time.