Am I a late bloomer?

I just bought my first LV a month ago as an early birthday present, and now i already want to buy another one as an actual birthday present. (I will be turning 28)

Personally I think LV looks tacky on anyone that looks too young to have bought it with their own money. Although I am aware that there are a lot of really hard working teens out there, because I employ a ton of them.

I got my first LV when I was 30! I had a few other designers in my late 20's, but never as a teen. I think that some 16 year olds save their money and work hard for the bag. I don't have a big problem with that. Also, unlike my childhood, some teens come from extremely affluent families, and if their mom has a lot of designer bags, shoes, clothes, it becomes the "norm" to acquire these items. I don't know that it means they are particularly spoiled (it CAN be) but rather, a luxury that is well within their means. I'll be honest....if I had a 16 year old daughter, I would LOVE to share my LV with her (as long as she was responsible and not spoiled!). Instead, I have 2 boys, who like their Dad do not have ANY interest in designer goods, but gotta love em for their simplicity!

I think it's ridiculous to see high school teenagers carrying designer goods.. somehow, it just looks wrong on them, like they lack the maturity to carry off the whole look...

I started collecting LV when I was 16. I remember before that though I didn't even know/didn't care what LV was anyway and was satisfied with cute no-name brands. I personally think any younger than 16 is a bit young.

I was in my early 30's when I started collection - so I'm a really late bloomer!!! I remember LV in high school - my friend's mom had a Speedy, but I use to think it was ugly!!! Who would want a brown purse? Now I have tons of Mono and Damier purses/accessories!

I don't think it matters when you start collecting LV, just as long as you appreciate it and take care of your LV items!!

I just started getting into LV and expensive handbags last year and I'm 25. I was excited to get bags from American Eagle and places like that at 16. I really didn't start developing more expensive tastes until the last few years. My parents also think paying for designer items is absurd so I feel that set the tone of my spending habits when younger.

I was 33 last year when I got my first LV bag but wasn't into it before that. I wore other designer bags(fendi, prada, burberry and then gucci in that order) prior and discovered LV and sold all my other bags and am now brand loyal to LV, a little over 1 yr and 6 LV bags later.:balloon:

I just got my first LV for my 28th birthday. I grew up in a very small town with a very frugal family. My parents always made sure my sister and I had nice things, but "nice" doesn't have to also mean "expensive". I don't think I'd ever even seen an LV (or at least noticed that I'd seen one) until after I moved away to grad school after college! My family didn't have tons of money and I'm actually grateful that it made me learn the value of a dollar. It makes me appreciate it so much more now that I'm able to afford it for myself. I think that it's doing a disservice to teenagers to always provide them with things like that and never make them work for it. It opens the door for them to grow up to be ungrateful, spoiled, and selfish and to think that they should never have to work for anything in life (think Paris Hilton LOL).

Wow, I have stronger opinions on this than I thought. Hope I don't offend anyone lol.

i got my first passed down to me from my mother when I was still in middle school. my first purchased was in high school. it really doesnt matter what age i am though, i would rather have a stable job and be able to purchase freely instead of saving my lunch money or having my parents pay for it.