Am I a Fashionista? Did LV do this to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like how you used urban dictionary..... not really a reliable source. lol urban dictionary is made by people.... but then again, the term, fashionista, is an arbitrary word. it depends on how YOU define what a fashionista is. if you think you are, that's great. personally, i don't like labels. i just like dressing well. i can go from target brand sweater to a fabulous blazer from ellen tracy. no one really knows what designer label you're wearing unless they study fashion like crazy or it's blatantly splattered over their body like an ed hardy shirt! X.X but i love how you buy lv! shows how much you lvoe lv! :] plus, it's your money! you spend it however you like. if you feel like dropping thousands on lv, but buying clothes from target... you go girl! :]

Spoken like a true fashionista! You don't need somebody's name or product label to define u as a fashionista, a true fashionista loves fashion period! She loves to shop, shop smart & dresses well!

Originally Posted by clarissa74
I prefer 4 star hotels to 5 star hotels - simply because I hate minimum wage staff handling my luggage. I prefer to carry it myself!

Wow Archie, not quite content with offending people on the other bag forum you have to bring that nonsense here too........:nono:

What is the point of the OP? Is he/she really trying to prove the he/she is a Fashionista/Fashionisto? Or is he/she try to tell us what he/she has by disclosing all his/her information about the stuff that he/she owns?

The latter i'm afraid Alexis168!! If given a chance to tell everyone or "show off" his stuff, the OP takes the opportunity. This thread is another reason why the OP has issues on other forums and had some on this one.

! Im right there with you on the spending a ton on my bags but not on clothes. I either wait for really good sales or check out target/TJ Maxx every once in a while for my clothes:P I figure clothes are so easy to grow out of/become tired of/ or get ruined that I would rather wait for good sales or shop at less expensive stores and have more money to put to my bags:biggrin:

Me too...I spend most of my money on bags, shoes, accessories, jewelery in that order...because clothes are so disposable and change so much over seasons. Bags, shoes etc, if you buy good quality and classic designs they never run out of fashion..

...I already contributed to this thread and didn't say what was on my mind for fear I was the only one...

The OP OBVIOUSLY lacks MONEY AND CLASS....

-LOL for heavens sake (and no offence to anyone) you shop at walmart then proceed to put these clothes in your $4000 trunk. Oh and wait... The minimum wage bell services staff shouldn't handle your luggage (oh and since I work in the hospitality field ...just to let you know bellman/bellservices in larger sized hotels DO make MORE then minimum wage but can collect tonss of tips- usually $50+ and upwards in cash tips per hour...lol). If you were so whealthy you wouldnt have to shop in such a low end store to AFFORD L.V! I'm not going to get on the rest of your comments bc everyone can see right through you.

Sad.

...Ummmmmmmm LMFAOOOOOOO

1) Generally people who call themselves fashionista are farrr farrr from that.
2) I fashionista would NEVER shop at Walmart or Target.
Yet not all fashionistas (IMHO) have to be wealthy or have to have money.
3) A fashionista has great taste,they may be ahead of the game (style wise) or maybe have very unique taste that a normal person would not wear.... Regardless, they rock it well.
4) Having expensive bags, clothes and jewelery does not mean your a fashionista. (I've seen ladies carrying an expensive bags...wearing mom jeans and a lifeless wrinkled cotton shirt) ew.
5) I'm all for having designer bags- but I would rather have less of them if it meant shopping at walmart and the like.

End of story:
Your shoes,jewelery and bag are just as important as your outfit.

I'm cool with everything but that .

A true Fashionista can take any piece from anywhere and make peoples jaw drop in awe.

I love me some target. Their clothes are cute of decent not the best but decent quality. Now walmart...but hey someone might be able to rip the runway in some walmart.

Don't ever diss my Target.lol!

For me a fashionista is someone who could wear a $5 top and make it look like its $500.. It's all about confidence and knowing yourself and knowing what suits you.. Also, she is not a slave to labels, she's not afraid to mix her LV handbags with thrifted finds or Forever 21 clothes..

And xlamgirlx: I might have to disagree too!! You can be a fashionista no matter where you buy your clothes from.. It's just a matter of how you carry it and how you mix your oieces..=)

It all depends on what you think of yourself. I see nothing wrong with mixing expensive things with cheaper things. To me a true fashionista can appreciate fashion at all levels and not judge others by what they have.

Hi,
I think I might be a Fashionista?
.......My pearls are real and are Thatian. My diamonds are real but many were estate purchases (that is USED/2nd Hand for the non-fashionista amongst this forum).....I have 2 Alma's and I want a 3rd even though I would never buy LV shoes......
Ummm.... on July 3rd you had a Japanese wife (you posted a thread about super fakes on ebay?) You had to defend yourself 'cause you were accused of being racist, remember?
I mean, sure... you could be a woman and still have a Japanese wife and there's nothing wrong with that, but perhaps you could clarify?
Geez, if a TPF newbie like me can bust you....
In the famous words of Ricky Ricardo.... chew got some 'splaining to do...:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.