ALWAYS ask ...

kemilia

the boonies of illinois
O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
As a buyer on ebay, I read the description over and over before asking a the seller a question about condition of the item--I don't want to miss something about spots, scuffs, etc.; most sellers are great with showing every little boo-boo and are happy to answer emails.

Well, recently I saw a bag I was liking and since I already have one in a different color, I compared it the best I could against the seller's pix and noticed a pretty big flaw--the zipper pocket on the front of the bag didn't have the leather pull it should have. Plus the pull is a style feature.

So I emailed the seller asking about it (maybe the camera angle was bad?) and this was her answer: "yes sorry forgot to mention that ".

There were already a couple of bids so I know you can't change the description but you can put that Q&A material at the bottom of the auction, right?

The seller already had a not-so-great rating (not a newbie) and it probably won't get any better after the buyer gets her bag!

I am so glad I asked--saved me from going through the Paypal dance to get my $$$ back. :yahoo:

As a buyer on ebay, I read the description over and over before asking a the seller a question about condition of the item--I don't want to miss something about spots, scuffs, etc.; most sellers are great with showing every little boo-boo and are happy to answer emails.

Well, recently I saw a bag I was liking and since I already have one in a different color, I compared it the best I could against the seller's pix and noticed a pretty big flaw--the zipper pocket on the front of the bag didn't have the leather pull it should have. Plus the pull is a style feature.

So I emailed the seller asking about it (maybe the camera angle was bad?) and this was her answer: "yes sorry forgot to mention that ".

There were already a couple of bids so I know you can't change the description but you can put that Q&A material at the bottom of the auction, right?

The seller already had a not-so-great rating (not a newbie) and it probably won't get any better after the buyer gets her bag!

I am so glad I asked--saved me from going through the Paypal dance to get my $$$ back. :yahoo:

Correct, she can post the Q&A at the bottom of the auction.

She could of also added to the description stating the fact about the pull missing. Not changing the description (since it had bids on it), but adding to it. It would show what time & date she added info to the listing.

After receiving roadkill instead of the nice bag shown on the (very few) photos taken with a strong flash, I now get very specific in my questions if the info is not clearly stated in the listing. I like to see photos of every side of the bag, the lining, the hardware, etc. I ask about worn out areas, discoloration, stains, tears. If I don't hear from the seller, I don't bid.