Alternatives to Proenza Schouler PS1 and Mulberry Alexa?

Mar 31, 2009
These two bags are in the same, very small category for me. They have large capacities, are comfortable to carry, and can go from work to weekend well, although they definitely lean casual. Perhaps most importantly, they don't bother me on a long, urban walk of 3+ miles. I'm looking for another bag that meets these criteria, but am craving something different. It should be luxe, leather, lightweight, durable, have a shoulder and/or crossbody strap, have no or minimal logos, and be a satchel, not a tote, style. Ideas?

How about a Balenciaga City? I have a PS1 and a Bal City and find that both fill the same purpose for me. Also Balenciaga has the Velo which is nice too because of the longer strap.

Thanks, Yoshi. I should have mentioned that I've tried a Bal City before and really liked it, but didn't feel right with it at my job. My work environment is somewhere between conservative and crunchy (yes, it's odd), and I just felt too conspicuous with the City.

I'm considering a Loewe Puzzle now . . .

Thanks, Yoshi. I should have mentioned that I've tried a Bal City before and really liked it, but didn't feel right with it at my job. My work environment is somewhere between conservative and crunchy (yes, it's odd), and I just felt too conspicuous with the City.

I'm considering a Loewe Puzzle now . . .

No worries. I understand, for work environments you definitely need something lowkey that just mixes in.

Loewe is AMAZING!! I love their products. The puzzle is high on my wishlist too. Have you looked into the Goya, that one is nice as well.