Alternative to Lovin My Bags products?

lvaddict89

Jul 21, 2012
Does anyone know any good alternative to the lovin my bags products for vachetta leather? Perhaps any cheaper leather cleaners / conditioners? I have an older keepall in monogram that I would like to restore. It is my only vachetta piece (everything else is damier graphite / monogram macassar / taiga leather) so I don't want to spend $65 on the product lol! Should I just splurge on it?

Thanks! =)

Does anyone know any good alternative to the lovin my bags products for vachetta leather? Perhaps any cheaper leather cleaners / conditioners? I have an older keepall in monogram that I would like to restore. It is my only vachetta piece (everything else is damier graphite / monogram macassar / taiga leather) so I don't want to spend $65 on the product lol! Should I just splurge on it?

Thanks! =)

I'd like to hear the answer to this too.

I just ordered the Loving My Bags Kit. It was $60.00 but if you enter the promo code Love you will get 10% off ($6.00). Helps pay the shipping.

I've been looking at all of the protections i.e. Applegarde, Shinning Monkey, etc. and I thought Loving My Bags seemed the best for me. I only have brand new bags that I need to protect but I am thinking of buying a vintage Speedy and I would need a cleanser for that. I like the pictures of the results on this forum of where they have used the cleanser and removed some "nasty" looking stains and dirt.

Alot of members just clean with alcohol free baby wipes, then spray it down with AppleGarde when it dries. I haven't had to clean my bags yet, but I swear by Apple Garde!

I just ordered the Loving My Bags Kit. It was $60.00 but if you enter the promo code Love you will get 10% off ($6.00). Helps pay the shipping.

I've been looking at all of the protections i.e. Applegarde, Shinning Monkey, etc. and I thought Loving My Bags seemed the best for me. I only have brand new bags that I need to protect but I am thinking of buying a vintage Speedy and I would need a cleanser for that. I like the pictures of the results on this forum of where they have used the cleanser and removed some "nasty" looking stains and dirt.

Lmb had to change to formula of their cleaners because it was RUINING new LV vachetta bags. Leaving them uneven streaky and there's nothing you can do about it.
I wouldn't knowingly use an item that would damage my bag ( new formula or not !)
I use alcohol free baby wipes and apple guarde spray protector.

Lmb had to change to formula of their cleaners because it was RUINING new LV vachetta bags. Leaving them uneven streaky and there's nothing you can do about it.
I wouldn't knowingly use an item that would damage my bag ( new formula or not !)
I use alcohol free baby wipes and apple guarde spray protector.

It scares me to use anything on new vachetta. I would be devestated if it left streaks. I saw the youtube video where it was applied and it looked great. Now I'm not so sure!

Just a tip about Leather Honey, it literally feels like honey out of the bottle so use sparingly and make sure it is spread evenly over the vachetta surface. It needs 2 hours to overnight (for very dry vachetta) to work it's way into vachetta and conditioned so don't freak out if it looks very dark upon application. I've only used it on very dry leather MJ bag. I thought I saw an overall darkening of the leather color on my non LV bag so I don't know how it would make LV look.

More frequently I use a lotion called Leather CPR and it's really gentle for cleansing and conditioning. It sort of feels like the LMB in the little jar but w none of the fragrance.