Alternative to Black Ostrich...?

mglam23

Nov 30, 2009
Hello Girls and Guys!

I don't post too often, since I never have much to contribute, but I think I need some advice and direction!

I've had my 35cm Black GHW Togo Birkin for about a year now, and I think it's time for another. Funny how quickly money can get spent, huh?! Anyways, I'm a HUGE fan of exotics, and cannot afford croc at the moment, but I do love Ostrich - which happens to be in my price range!

Anyways, I love love love gold hardware on my bags and refuse to do palladium, and I also hate color.

It's sad, I know. But I really love black, and stick to a monochromatic wardrobe. I prefer my bags to be dark!

So here's my dilemma - I've seen Black Ostrich Birkins before - although rare - and it really just looks like a pimply black mess of a bag. You don't see the beautiful quill pattern, just weird looking bumps! I want to stick with dark colors, and the greys family is too light for my personal liking.

What color would you search for if you were in my shoes?! Remember - dark, and gold hardware! Or maybe someone can persuade me to go with black ostrich? Haha.

One of the most beautiful bags I have ever seen was a dark blue ostrich bag with ghw. I think it was either bleu de malt or bleu roi....the color was medium to dark blue with an almost grey hint...not navy.
Really, really beautiful.....

I like Ebene with ghw too. Hermes dark brown ostrichs blends in nicely with ghw.

credits:latifalshamsi,

30k4jy8.jpg

IFFAH we are bag twins..! But mine is with PHW.. You are so lucky finding the GHW
one..
Yes... Dark brown with GHW is LOVELY!!
I love love love GHW.. But all my Birkins are PHW.. GHW is soooo difficult to come by... *sigh*

I agree Lizzie or a darker brown ostrich since you can see the pore and the skin and also ostrich tends to become a bit darker. Hope it helps darling .birkel.

I don't personally own a firkin but I've seen beautiful chocolate and dark brown birkins in ostrich with gold hardware and they look super nice:yes:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL firkin!!!! hahahahahahahahahahh i know its a typo but when i read it i was like ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

anyways, with the black ostrich birkin and gold hardware and my friend happens to have one, and yes you can see the holes and it it does look really good... if you look at it from a distance, it sort of looks like a regular black leather birkin... if are scared of that pimply look going one with ostrich and you want to show the hole things sorry dont know what they are called, but why dont you go for a light grey with ghw... yes i know its dark, but why dont you go out of your comfort zone and you might actually like it :biggrin: good luck

Only yesterday (but can I find it now?) I saw in one of the Hermes threads here, a photo of an ebene Birken with an orange interior and GHW

It was fabulous. I'll try to find it again for you and post it here if I do.

Thanks for the responses! Ebene looks really good - but I wear more blacks and greys than I wear earth tones...

I've seen some blues - but Hermes makes SO many blues! Do they ever do Indigo Ostrich?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL firkin!!!! hahahahahahahahahahh i know its a typo but when i read it i was like ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

anyways, with the black ostrich birkin and gold hardware and my friend happens to have one, and yes you can see the holes and it it does look really good... if you look at it from a distance, it sort of looks like a regular black leather birkin... if are scared of that pimply look going one with ostrich and you want to show the hole things sorry dont know what they are called, but why dont you go for a light grey with ghw... yes i know its dark, but why dont you go out of your comfort zone and you might actually like it :biggrin: good luck

Whoops lol I just noticed that! I must have been super tired last night or just not paying attention lol

I don't like the look of black ostrich. I think color is a HUGE factor in how ostrich looks - like the cognac and dark brown ones, but not other colors.

Why don't you put this money away where you can't touch it and start saving to add to it to get the croc or alligator you really want. I suspect you are compromising just to have something new and this is too much money for a compromise.

OP, how about Bleu Roi ostrich?

Picture of member whitebirkin's bleu roi ostrich 35cm birkin
attachment.php

As you know the ostrich skin will develop a patina over time, so the color will change to a darker done with use :flowers:

balenciaga-boy said:
OP, how about Bleu Roi ostrich?

Picture of member whitebirkin's bleu roi ostrich 35cm birkin

As you know the ostrich skin will develop a patina over time, so the color will change to a darker done with use :flowers:

I do like that...I'm sure there must be something darker in the blue family? Or perhaps they may be too hard to find. When you say it gets darker, do you think a graphite ostrich may end up turning charcoal? That would be ideal!!!

I'm not really compromising at all really! I don't actually like the hermes treatment of croc for me. The mattes just aren't matte enough for me!