Alternative rain protector for 35cm Birkin, illustration photos attached

Mar 26, 2009
I thought I’d share this with those who might be interested. Personally I am not a fan of Hermes rain coat comes with my Birkin. It’s just too comical looking and is completed useless when it’s also windy. Unfortunately in London, rainy as well as windy weather is very often. I like my things to be well looked after and shiny so I went on a mission to find a good alternative rain protector for my 35cm B. There had been threads in discussion of the same topic but the conclusion seems to be that there are quite a few good options for bags of 30cm below. I have not yet seen one can cover 35cm above. Apologise if I have missed anything.

I have just purchased this from the below website. It’s a UK based company but I believe they ship internationally. Here are some pictures. According to the label, the material is water resistant. It’s fairly light and can be folded quite small. All details are on the website. The greatest thing about this bag is its depth, therefore very generous for 35cm Birkin. It does look quite big I have to say and it could do with a closure at the top. But if you tuck it under your arm tightly, I don’t think your Birkin will get any rain on it at all.

Would like to see if anybody else has other options.

Disclaimer: I do not have any personal or business relationship with this website and the company.

http://www.ecohandy.co.uk/by-size/large/rume-macro-silicon-valley-pattern-connectivity.html

Attachments

• rainprotector1.JPG
    rainprotector1.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 723
  • rainprotector2.JPG
    rainprotector2.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 817
  • rainprotector3.JPG
    rainprotector3.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 629
  • rainprotector4.JPG
    rainprotector4.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 557
  • rainprotector5.JPG
    rainprotector5.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 668
i usually use the bag that comes with my theoutnet purchases... the big one fits a 35 cm birkin easily and has a zippered closure...

attachment.php

Attachments

• theOutnet_com_packaging_and_product-1(2).jpg
    theOutnet_com_packaging_and_product-1(2).jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,542
steakfrite, I did look into theoutnet bag but I only ordered the smaller items (jackets and skirts) so the ones I got don't fit. I actually called them to ask them if I could buy a bigger bag unfortunately they don't sell them separately. What did you order to get a bigger bag? Or I guess one has to order multiple items.

Oh I would also use it to protect the bag when it's going through scanning belt at the airport. Those carousel belts always look so dirty and greasy! :yucky:

Last edited:
thanks for sharing! this thread really comes in handy! i have been looking for a protector bag for birkin 35. the only protector bag i can find is the envirosax but it can only fit a 30 or a kelly 35. longchamp is ok but you can't really zip up as the handles stick out and i am concerned of its weight when leaving it in the birkin. envirosax is the perfect choice that is light weight and compact. glad you found this other option. am checking out on it. thank you!:biggrin:

steakfrite, I did look into theoutnet bag but I only ordered the smaller items (jackets and skirts) so the ones I got don't fit. I actually called them to ask them if I could buy a bigger bag unfortunately they don't sell them separately. What did you order to get a bigger bag? Or I guess one has to order multiple items.

Oh I would also use it to protect the bag when it's going through scanning belt at the airport. Those carousel belts always look so dirty and greasy! :yucky:

Yup I've got a few that I use when I travel and have to put the bag through the X-ray machines! They do get manky after a while so it's good they don't cost anything!! :biggrin:

I use a large Longchamp canvas shopping tote to travel with my 35cm Birkin. It's pretty neat - water resistant, and also protects from dirty surfaces and knocking around especially with the x-ray scanners.

Thank you for the recommendation xiangxiang0731!

The Envirosax fit my Birkin 35 also....it's snug, but covers completely and I usually end up putting my Birkin in one and then that inside a larger bag when traveling.

Thank you for the link! I recently ordered a custom xl Longchamp tote for my 35s, but agree with others that the weight of the the folded tote is an issue for me. Will definitely check out the website!

pandalian, I don't think they have a retail store here in London so you may have to buy from the website. Or ask your friend in London to buy from their website.

WingNut, I have read Envirosax on other threads but I thought they only fit up to 30cm. This site also sells Envirosax but I have double checked none of the Envirosax fits 35cm. I wonder what size is your Envirosax?

karenbabi, personally I don't think Longchamp is compact and light enough for me to carry one in my bag on a everyday basis for the same reason.

I also don't think theoutnet bag is water proof so it will be good to protect the bag from dirt but not sure it's 100% secure in the rain.

Here is a picture from their website to show how big when those are folded. Note the bundle is made up of 3 bags.

I am not 100% happy with this option but it will do for now. I guess the search still goes on!

Attachments

• rainprotector6.jpg
    rainprotector6.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 543
pandalian, I don't think they have a retail store here in London so you may have to buy from the website. Or ask your friend in London to buy from their website.

WingNut, I have read Envirosax on other threads but I thought they only fit up to 30cm. This site also sells Envirosax but I have double checked none of the Envirosax fits 35cm. I wonder what size is your Envirosax?

karenbabi, personally I don't think Longchamp is compact and light enough for me to carry one in my bag on a everyday basis for the same reason.

I also don't think theoutnet bag is water proof so it will be good to protect the bag from dirt but not sure it's 100% secure in the rain.

Here is a picture from their website to show how big when those are folded. Note the bundle is made up of 3 bags.

I am not 100% happy with this option but it will do for now. I guess the search still goes on!
xiangxiang0731...hmmm....I wasn't aware the envirosax came in different sizes. It is VERY snug on my 35cm Birkin but it does fit...