Review Alterna Bamboo Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner

girlygirl3

O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
I decided to try a higher end product for my thin, very fine lifeless hair. Oh, and my hair is only the oily side, so it's also quite flat!

The Alterna Bamboo products all purport to give hair strength and flexiblity. The Abundant Volume line has organic bamboo & maca root for strong, thick, full-bodied hair. Ingredients are eco-certified, grown responsibly & traded ethnically. Free of Sulfates, parabens, sodium chloride phthalates, gluten, synthetic color, mineral oil, petrolatum & PABA (on the label).

I have been using the shampoo & conditioner for about a month and I am very pleased with the results! I love that you don't need too much to get your hair done. It rinses clean but doesn't dry out my hair. My hair is volumized and healthy looking and I'll even say stronger! :love:

I agree!!!! I love the feeling and look of my hair whenever I use the alterna range of bamboo volumising shampoo and conditioner, only thing I am not keen on is the way my scalp always flakes and I seem to have flaky dandruff after I wash with it. That still doesn't put me off it though. Guess it's my scalp's reaction

I'm planning on trying this shampoo & conditioner soon; I've always loved Alterna's products. I'm also really interested in trying their Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Mist, as it sounds like it offers great protection from heat tools.

mk78 said:
I agree!!!! I love the feeling and look of my hair whenever I use the alterna range of bamboo volumising shampoo and conditioner, only thing I am not keen on is the way my scalp always flakes and I seem to have flaky dandruff after I wash with it. That still doesn't put me off it though. Guess it's my scalp's reaction

Flaking is due to dry scalp and I have that problem in the winter when my skin is really dry too. Anything with tea tree oil is good for flaking. Whole foods has a few brands good for dandruff and most you only need to use one a week until its under control. I have used the phyto dandruff which is awesome but a little pricey