Altering faux fur?

Apr 16, 2009
In a Champagne Bubble
I found a gorgeous faux fur vest ( at a great price!), but its a little too big on me. Does anyone have know around how much it costs to have a faux fur vest taken in from the sides?

Also would I have to go to a fur remodling place or would anyone be able to do it?

TIA!

Flip88

Jan 16, 2010
I found a gorgeous faux fur vest ( at a great price!), but its a little too big on me. Does anyone have know around how much it costs to have a faux fur vest taken in from the sides?

Also would I have to go to a fur remodling place or would anyone be able to do it?

TIA!
I'd try a furrier, they might do faux I guess?

Princess Pink

Oct 3, 2007
^^ I agree - a furrier most likely won't be interested in a faux product! I have just had a faux vest taken in at the sides (it was too boxy) and the result is very good. The (regular) tailor was a bit reluctant to do it but in the end agreed to, if I agreed that if it went wrong I wouldn't be upset! Didn't mind from my side; if he hadn't been able to do it I wouldn't have been able to wear the vest anyway! The fabric is thick so they need a special attachment on the machine, but all reputable tailors should have this. My man unpicked the lining, amended the 'fur' fabric then resewed it up when finished. He also removed the internal side pockets which I requested.

Apr 16, 2009
In a Champagne Bubble
I didnt know a tailor could do this! I called a few, and they all said that they didnt have the machine that they needed to do this. Does anyone have any recommendations in Philadelphia? Or the DC area?

I will also try calling a furrier, but if the price difference is significant then, id rather go with the tailor!