Altering a Theyskens' Theory dress

tarynsong

Apr 27, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a Theyskens' Theory dress from shopbop.com that was final sale. I know, this already sounds like trouble but please bear with me. I have many items from Theory and Theyskens' Theory and a size 4 was always a perfect fit for me. This was my first time buying a final sale item online. Lesson learned on my part. :sad:

Anyway, the dress is too big on my chest and shoulders and I was wondering how much it would cost to have it taken in. Or if it's even possible to have it successfully altered. I have never had any clothing altered before because I always try to buy things that fit me. This was the most spontaneous purchase I have ever made and like I said, I definitely learned my lesson.

Link to dress: http://www.shopbop.com/darok-fembo-dress-theyskens-theory/vp/v=1/1577246719.htm

Thank you for your help and advice.

Taryn

I have a short torso relative to my legs so I regularly get shoulders/bodices taken in on dresses. Usually it is possible! Bring it to a tailor and ask them what they think - alterations/pricing can vary pretty dramatically based on what needs to happen, e.g. how much material needs to be taken in, what material is it, what the seams look like, etc

I'm a huge fan of alterations, nothing like having your clothes made to fit you ❤️