Altering a LV BAG

mcg3897

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I am not an expert but why would you dye the handles/replace the zipper - and doesn't look like an LV zipper, and put a patch on a real LV bag....??? Some of those things could have repaired at a LV store. I would think fake but I am sure others on here know better than me. EIther way, real or not, I wouldn't buy this bag!!!!

Bag*Snob

For All Things Authentic!
O.G.
May 19, 2006
Out East!!
I like it with the red leather. Who cares if it is altered - probably looked like crap before so this may be an improvement.

It could not be repaired at an LV store since it is a French Co speedy - assuming it is real.

gelbergirl

hubba hubba ;)
O.G.
Sep 23, 2006
NYC metro-area
It is kind of interesting.

A French Co. speedy so old that has been recycled, re-furbished. I guess that is kind of vogue in this economy.

Attachments

Last edited:

CGS

Jan 3, 2009
I think its interesting, but kinda trying to make it look like a cerises, just would scream fake, even though it isn't, if it really has been looked at by Carole-

SWlife

For the love of beautiful things
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
New Mexico
The alteration has ruined what I consider a classic, but that's only my opinion.

shoegirl1975

My baby is 3!
Oct 2, 2006
USA
I wouldn't buy it and I wouldn't alter a bag I owned! If I owned an LV that was in terrible condition and LV couldn't repair it, I'd sell it as is or just toss it! Although I couldn't imagine owning a bag and it being abused and ripped up!

To each his own though, I'm sure someone will bid on it!

Alexis168

Haters suck
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
USA
With that kind of repair, it totally ruined the originality of the bag. It may look good to other people, but I wouldn't buy it.

Louis&Mark

May 9, 2009
I think it's really tacky. It's not a style of LV I recognize and would tend to think it's fake.
imho ;)

morkum

i'm a guy btw lol
Jun 8, 2009
England
I for one think it looks interesting, if it's real it's a very intresting bag, and i've never seen a fake with a F&Co lock before which makes me thinks it's real, but then again can vachetta and piping be taken off so easily ? ( i know lv leather people can do it ).I'm not sure, i like it but then many would assume it's a fake, so save yourself the looks in the mall and supermarkets :smile:

Last edited:

MsFrida

O.G.
May 13, 2008
well.. that's one way of ruining a classy bag :wondering looks quite tacky too IMO (please don't kill me LOL)

Aprilmay

bag lover
O.G.
Aug 9, 2009
Ireland/North Carolina
If you were going to do that to the bag you would be better of getting a fake and pulling it apart- I wouldn't do that to a classic , it would have been a better investment to bring it to LV to be repaired -it would get more at auction then if you wanted to sell it later on.

morkum

i'm a guy btw lol
Jun 8, 2009
England
If you were going to do that to the bag you would be better of getting a fake and pulling it apart- I wouldn't do that to a classic , it would have been a better investment to bring it to LV to be repaired -it would get more at auction then if you wanted to sell it later on.

it can't be repaired because it's 'F&CO'. Well not by vuitton anyway.

that's even if it's authentic;)