Alright, I caved in! Introducing my FIRST BIRKIN Baby - Rouge Garance!!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I've realized that I just don't have the patience to wait for "the one" to appear in a store (LOL, likely in Buenos Aires, knowing my luck!) so I caved in and bought my first Birkin from the lovely reseller, lucyndskywdmnds. :flowers:

I think hell must have officially frozen over when DH okay'ed the marked-up price, but I can't complain... he loved the pics of Rouge Garance... funny, I never really realized how pretty the color was until I saw it next to the other reds! It's such a wearable bright red without the undertones!!

So introducing my new baby - :love: 35cm Rouge Garance Birkin in Clemence with PH :yahoo::jammin: :yahoo: (I'm thinking of naming her Ruby - is that silly or what?)

But you know what the bad news is??

DH won't let me get her/use her until MAY!!! Aargh!
    She's supposed to be my treat for finishing residency and passing my boards (They aren't till the spring but I've pre-emptively bought her :shame: , so keep your fingers crossed that I do pass!) So she'll be waiting for me to use I get the official passing letter...

I'll be changing my signature to a countdown to pick-up day now!
    I am now NO LONGER on the hunt for a Rouge Birkin!:yahoo:

H rgarancefront copy.jpg H rgaranceback copy.jpg H rgaranceside copy.jpg
  2. She's a beauty! Use her (when you finally get to) in the best of health. She's worth the wait!

3. OMG!!! She's a beauty!!! :heart:
    tweetie,
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    :yahoo: :happydance: :party: :yahoo:

Here's a :drinkup:for you!!!

4. OMG!! You got Lucy's Birkin!! It's gorgeous!!! Congratulations, tweetie!! What a great reward for getting through your boards (it beats a carrot dangling on a stick!).

Woo hooooooo!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

5. Congrates!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL! lucyndskywdmnds used to be a member here. Member ID was 24, F(OT)... Tweetie..how is she doing? She always posted alot of gorgeous and pretty pictures...

6. OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! IT IS STUNNING!!!!!:nuts: I LOVE that color! You are going to enjoy it so much! Congrats! This is VERY exciting, so beautiful!!!:yahoo: drool....:drool: :drool: :drool:

7. Congrats!!! What a beauty!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

8. :drool: Absolutely STUNNING!!!! You must be thrilled to bits; I'm so happy for you! Surely between now & May you can take Ruby out (Great name!) & pat her & smell her & hold her a little? ;)

9. BIG CONGRATS!! YIPPEEEE!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

By the time you get to use her....YOU"RE GOING TO DESERVE ANOTHER "HERMES" SOMETHING FOR YOUR

PATIENCE and Passing your boards!!!!:yes:

10. OH Tweetie! I had been eyeing Lucy's bag for a few weeks now---it's absolutely stunning. So glad you got it!!! :yahoo: You'll have to get yourself a Bearn for being able to resist using it until May! It is definitely a well-deserved treat for finishing your residency and passing your boards; you'e certainly got some good motivation now eh? Maybe DH will let you have it in front of you while you study! :nuts:

11. Hi all! Thanks for the good wishes - I've updated my signature now - yikes, 7 months?!

Yes, this is Lucy's Birkin - she had a 30cm Rouge Vif chevre that she SO'ed and I think they were too similar for her to justify keeping both, so when DH liked the new red, I figured I better go for it before he changed his mind since he's a bit of a PHH! :lol:

I remember Lucy (24, F) from here - she's so knowledgeable about Hermes and takes the best pictures... she's doing well. I hope she comes back too! If you're willing to pay a markup, she's an absolutely wonderful seller to work with and has great taste.

I think the Birkin will be a good motivator to study - it's nice when I'm doing practice questions on the computer and will take a peek during the breaks :graucho:

12. I have a Bearn already in Rouge H :love: ... hmmm, but I really like the Karo GM that some of you ladies have! I'm using an LV to organize my makeup right now inside my bags. I don't have an H store nearby, but will be travelling to one next month... a vert anis would really pop out against the reds if it's in stock!

13. oooh, rouge garance is so beautiful!! congrats!!!

14. TWEETIE!!!!!!

BIG FAT CONGRATS!!!!! I ADORE that Birkin!!!!!! I have been watching Lucy's auction for a while now, SOOOOOO glad someone here bought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

What a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. beauuuuuutiful! Congratulations!!!:yahoo::yahoo::wlae:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice