already need a repair after less than a month!

dds262

Dec 8, 2012
Hi all - I received my saffron ps1 medium from the ps website in late december - and already the hardware is breaking.....strap clasp not working and now the ring holding the hang tag keeps opening - almost lost it this morning....

oh and the black paint on the ps tag is chipping....

just sent client services at ps an email with photos...waiting to hear....will keep you posted....

sigh - my second ps - large plum ps1 was from hg bags and will be my last.....

Sigh...another one of these stories. Stories like these are what hold me back from buying a PS1. I hope they get back to you soon and fix the problem ASAP! Do keep us posted and good luck!

I did hear back the same day once I submitted my issues with photos, purchase date, invoice number etc.....I am to send the strap to them - whole bag if I want....and they will repair it and send it back 4-6 wks later......arrggghhhh.

Mine also broke within the month. They may repair or replace the pieces, but according to my cobbler the hardware is very low quality, and the hooks not made to support the weight of the bag, which I believe is right. So I personally don't think there is a good permanent solution, unless you give up using it as your everyday workhorse bag. Which to me, is precisely what it has been designed to be.
I am done with this bag.

Mine also broke within the month. They may repair or replace the pieces, but according to my cobbler the hardware is very low quality, and the hooks not made to support the weight of the bag, which I believe is right. So I personally don't think there is a good permanent solution, unless you give up using it as your everyday workhorse bag. Which to me, is precisely what it has been designed to be.
I am done with this bag.

How unacceptable! For the prices ppl pay for these bags, every piece and component of the bag should be top notch!

an update....got an email from customer with instructions to send it back for repair and it mentioned my "damaged strap" NO IT IS NOT DAMAGED....THE HARDWARE IS DEFECTIVE!!!

Bye Bye Proenza.....it was nice knowing you.....never again.

an update....got an email from customer with instructions to send it back for repair and it mentioned my "damaged strap" NO IT IS NOT DAMAGED....THE HARDWARE IS DEFECTIVE!!!

Bye Bye Proenza.....it was nice knowing you.....never again.

I wish someone from PS could read all of this! Maybe we need to sign a petition that we are all boycotting the brand until they step up their quality and customer service!

Totally agree - but I speak with my dollars....and PS is not getting them - I just posted I had ordered the hologram wallet - but it was not in stock - and was thinking of re-ordering it - but I have changed my mind.....need to find another "hologram like" wallet - off to find a new brand :smile:

Feel sad hearing your story!
I just got my PS1 bag in early Jan. Luckily it's not yet breaking, but I am very cautious about using it, so it's not my everyday bag :sad: I am so afraid of it breaking, getting scratched easily (which it did already) and other problems...

It makes me want to purchase another bag for my everyday bag :sad:

I'm sorry to hear these stories again.
It's unbelievable how til this day PS never acknowledge their DEFECTIVE bags! It was always 'damage' or 'broken' but never defective. I'm just amazed with their self denial abt this.

Sorry to hear this dds262, hope they get back to you with a satisfying solution.

Another problem with the PS1 bags is the strap length. The original strap it came with (both medium and large) are so short that it sits right on my waist, of which originally I wanted to wear it cross body. Look so much better cross body, as seen on lots of celebrities and models. When I tried to order the longer straps, Proenza Schouler just rejected me. Anyone know where else do they sell the longer straps? I have both the medium and large PS1 and both have the same problem.

Sorry to hear this dds262, hope they get back to you with a satisfying solution.

Another problem with the PS1 bags is the strap length. The original strap it came with (both medium and large) are so short that it sits right on my waist, of which originally I wanted to wear it cross body. Look so much better cross body, as seen on lots of celebrities and models. When I tried to order the longer straps, Proenza Schouler just rejected me. Anyone know where else do they sell the longer straps? I have both the medium and large PS1 and both have the same problem.

Hi, an alternative would be if you had the Pouch in a similar color, the strap is really long.

Here's also a thread on extending the strap: http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/cheating-method-to-extend-straps-796961.html

:smile:

I have a PS1 that's held up fine...but I don't carry it very often for these reasons. If PS doesn't care about the frustrations of their customers, perhaps they will when it comes from retailers? If retailers, who PS asks be the first point of contact to fix a faulty bag, become tired of handling these requests and stock fewer bags, perhaps only then will PS listen up. Don't be afraid to share these issues with the retailer where you bought the bag!

Hi, an alternative would be if you had the Pouch in a similar color, the strap is really long.

Here's also a thread on extending the strap: http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/cheating-method-to-extend-straps-796961.html

:smile:
Cheers, Ellie!

I don't need an extension for my medium (I'm short), but don't mind the looks of the added hooks. Not to extend, mind you, but possibly replace on my XL. I've been lugging it through trains and airports with an outrageous amount of weight in it (MBP 15", iPad in case, second camera body, lenses, batteries, and my alternative wallet and phone for where I'm going) and it's the only weak point. I've learned to check it before picking it up, but still...