Alot of people find it tacky

I personally do not like logo bags at all, whether it's LV or Coach or Dooney or anything else.

I like leather bags, so that means no Coach signature and no LV canvas... I love the LV leather bags....

As far as others wearing logo bags, well, it's a mtter of personal taste... but, as others have said, it's the head to toe logo look that is really horrible. It's a major fashion "don't".

I personally do not like logo bags at all, whether it's LV or Coach or Dooney or anything else.

I like leather bags, so that means no Coach signature and no LV canvas... I love the LV leather bags....

As far as others wearing logo bags, well, it's a mtter of personal taste... but, as others have said, it's the head to toe logo look that is really horrible. It's a major fashion "don't".

i agree thats why i choose epi for my LV. I prefer "stealth wealth"

i agree thats why i choose epi for my LV. I prefer "stealth wealth"

I like that... "stealth wealth" ... I don't feel the need to scream out, "look what I can afford!" with a logo anything.

I also feel that if I carry around or wear an item with a big logo all over it, I should get paid.

Bottom line: I am not a billboard.

Reactions: chaliyai
i have 2 LV monogram bags, which i think are classic. also have a Gucci PVC tote for work/carrying my laptop and it's the logo print.

i don't think i mind as long as they're discreet. dunno why, but i don't like the Fendi logo print that much.

i have 2 LV monogram bags, which i think are classic. also have a Gucci PVC tote for work/carrying my laptop and it's the logo print.

i don't think i mind as long as they're discreet. dunno why, but i don't like the Fendi logo print that much.
I have to agree with you about the fendi logo, i find it rather ugly ( no offence to fendi lovers). But like others have said, it's all about how you wear them.

Growing up around my mom and her love of handbags and luxury goods, I have always equated logo handbags of mainly LV, Gucci and Fendi with that of an elite status one of the members was mentioning earlier. I do adore the logo handbags I own very much!

As more designers have come out over the past several years, my personal taste has changed, but I still adore logo. I've just found that women and men who are more established in their years and/or careers using logo goods somehow looked more distinguished and appropriate for their age and place in life. For example, I'm not going to wear St. John (the collection when Marie Gray owned it) at my age of 28, but when my mom wears it, it's totally appropriate!

Edit: Also, it is natural for people who have attained wealth either by hard work (or inheritance) to want to enjoy life and all the fruits of their labor (that phrase pertains more to people who've worked to earn their wealth) so of course going straight to the goods that show off their wealth is typical. So for me, no hating towards logo lovers, I love logo too, but just have a sense that there's a time for everything :smile:

Well, in my early years, i loathed logos, my style was all about textbook good taste - understated, no bling, no monograms. But times have changes, the more I've gotten into fashion, the more i realized Logos on bags appeal to me, mostly because they save you money. Yes. I really believe that if, by some chance, you find youreslf in a paralell universe where we are only allowed to have on bag, it should be a classic vuitton speedy or a brown goyard. Logos go with everything - they are the statements by themselves and can often compliment any kind of outfit, any colour combination. Logos can look utilitarian, which adds style durability.
To the people who say they only buy logo-less designer bags to look understated and not attract attention, I'd like to say, don't fool yourself. A birkin is not understated - everyone would still know its a birkin and how much you paid for it. The same goes for super It' bags like Spy or Belenciagas. The style, the quality is recignizable. No designer bag is understated. If you really didn't care about attention and recognition, you'd get a no-name no-brand bag.

^ I have to disagree.

Many designer bags that are non-logo-ed (or very subtly logo-ed) and are not the 'it' bags of the time, are unrecognisable to all but the most fashion savvy.

Even 'it' bags are probably only known to a relatively low percentage of the general public.

Whereas, goods with very obvious logos, from very well known, long established, fashion houses, will be recognised by a far higher proportion of people, from all age and social groups. :biggrin:

^ I have to disagree.

Many designer bags that are non-logo-ed (or very subtly logo-ed) and are not the 'it' bags of the time, are unrecognisable to all but the most fashion savvy.

Even 'it' bags are probably only known to a relatively low percentage of the general public.

Whereas, goods with very obvious logos, from very well known, long established, fashion houses, will be recognised by a far higher proportion of people, from all age and social groups. :biggrin:

Yes, but I have read several posts in which women have said they enjoy knowing that other women in the "know" can tell they are carrying a high end bag, and they enjoy recounting every look directed towards their bag, so even those carrying a Spy or Balenciaga are making a public statement. A bag does not become an "It" bag because of its ability to blend in and be unnoticed, lol. I think most of us show off a little, in some way, whether it is a designer bag or flashy jewelry that is obviously expensive.

I think some logos are not as appealing as others. I happen to love the LV monogram, because I find it aesthetically pleasing. I really like the chocolate brown of the canvas, and the gold color of the monogram. The quatrefoils and fleurs are partly inspired by oriental design (I read that somewhere) but to me have a very regal, almost pre-revolutionary French feel to them, even if it was created a century after the revolution. We all have heard people who live in slightly wild neighborhoods explain that when they moved in, it was very quiet and a construction boom has changed the neighborhood drastically. I think this is what has happened to LV, which was the first to create such a signature, only to watch a plethora of designers appearing with their own logoed items. I never wear clothing with logos, so I usually have one "flashy item", my handbag. I do have some leather bags with no logo or signature whatsoever, and I carry these on days when I want to be more anonymous.

We all have heard people who live in slightly wild neighborhoods explain that when they moved in, it was very quiet and a construction boom has changed the neighborhood drastically. I think this is what has happened to LV, which was the first to create such a signature, only to watch a plethora of designers appearing with their own logoed items. I never wear clothing with logos, so I usually have one "flashy item", my handbag. I do have some leather bags with no logo or signature whatsoever, and I carry these on days when I want to be more anonymous.

ITA. When I was little, my mom carried her LVs without anyone even giving them a second look.