Aloha Rags vs ******?

Minda

O.G.
Sep 24, 2007
Grateful for some help here. I bought my 1st Bal from Bal NY, and got hit so hard by customs and taxes! Bal NY also charges $70 for international shipping which is $$$.

Understand that Aloha Rags offers free international shipping for purchases over $500, and that cost price is listed on the lower scale so that we are not hit so hard with taxes. Is this the case? What about ******? What are the benefits of purchasing from one seller over the other? Which is cheaper for an overseas shipment?

Would appreciate any advice you can offer. TIA.

I'm all for AR. :heart: them! They're so sweet and their return policy is excellent. I'm not sure which is better for overseas, but I always think the staff at AR goes above and beyond. They always choose the best bag. And! you get a 3% discount automatically by signing up for their free membership program. My discount is already at 7% (the more you spend, the better the savings).

Plenty of girls here have purchased from and like ****** too.

I have heard AR will undervalue the bag so you don't have to pay customs duties. Don't think HG Bags will, but don't know that for sure.

In my experience, ****** has always been happy to declare a lower value... So far i have avoided custom taxes twice (out of two bags purchased from this seller, so it is pretty good).

I order all my new bags from Erica at ******. She is fantastic. She will work with you with leather preference and she always marks my bags down in value. I wouldn't go anywhere else unless she wasn't ordering in a bag I really wanted.

AR is really good at customer service. They would lower the value to 1/4 on the custom form, but won't claim it any lower. So you probably need to work out whether the value is still higher than the threshold of your custom duty.

Not sure how low will ****** be willing to claim as I haven't purchased from her yet.

I agree, Erica w/****** rocks! She consistently has incredible bags and works with you to get what you want.
I have also purchased from Aloha Rag and have their membership card... they ship very quickly and package well... include the box, etc.

I don't think you can go wrong with either! :okay:

Both great to deal with. ****** offers lower prices, which is great. Erica also declares as low as you wish (your risk). AR declares down to a 1/4 of the bag's value, so often there is still a little custom to pay.

With AR you have the advantage that you can return a bag and you don't need to pay a deposit. They also have a loyalty scheme, 3% off straight away and more as you purchase more. And free shipping.

I am having some quality issues with a bag bought from AR and they are sorting it out for me, I don't think Erica offers come back like this. AR will also order you spare tassels from Bal if you bought the bag from them.

Would recommend both.

i can't say enough good things about AR :heart: ~ i deal with *seiko* & she is fab to work with.

i always feel 'tho that you can't really truly rate a seller until there's a problem & then you soon discover the wheat from the chaf :P

i can't say enough good things about AR :heart: ~ i deal with *seiko* & she is fab to work with.

i always feel 'tho that you can't really truly rate a seller until there's a problem & then you soon discover the wheat from the chaf :P

Seiko is a gem, I AGREE! She was sorting something out for me too with QC (totally not their fault). AND they allow returns.

If I had to choose one, I'd go with AR simple since Seiko is so great and for the return policy. ;)

Last edited: