Almost struck by lightning -and caught it on video :)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5xll6JE3U

The story. (My title might be a little dramatic ;) -

There was a tornado in Queens last Thursday. It did not touch down in my neighborhood, but we were close enough to get some extreme weather. I was sitting at my window (cus i'm a little bit o' crazy) filming lightning as the storm passed. I was just about to shut down my camera when lightning struck so close I almost fell off the window seat. Hence my ridiculous scream and laugh.

The lightning itself looks strange because the lightning actually struck the front of my home, and reflected off the glass where I was sitting (you will see the headlights of my car turn on soon after because it triggered the alarm) so you are seeing a reflection, and not the actual bolt. I didn't even notice the lightning until later when I viewed the video. Because I wasn't looking. It was the thunder that startled me. So really, I was quite close to a bolt and didn't even know I was. I'm sure if I realized it, I wouldn't have been laughing.

To explain the video - I use imovie and played the clip normal, then took a screen shot of the lightning, then played a slow-motion video of it.

I submitted the video to the news, and they played it all day. :yahoo: Yeah, I felt special. lol

2. Very neat! I love Cleo, by the way!!

3. wow. that is amazing! i cannot believe you guys were able to capture this as it seemed like it started out as a regular intense thunderstorm and then it got significantly worse while you were filming. i'm just glad you were ok and nothing happened.

was that your apartment where it was being filmed?

i give you credit for filming while this was going on because i seriously would have been pooping in my pants.

pretty incredible.

4. Cool video, I'm glad you weren't hurt. I always grab my camera and run outside when the weather gets bad. I find it interesting.

5. Unbelievable!!! Thanks for sharing, glad you guys are OK!

6. Glad you are ok. I just saw your video on Jimmy Kimmel ;)

7. Wow, very cool!

8. WOW!!! that was awesome!

9. AHAHAHA! You guys were featured on schmoyoho... :lol:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

:smile:

10. oh my god that remix is AMAZING!!! (and infinitely funnier if you watch the original video first!)

and I feel like such an idiot for not filming anything myself, I live on the 21st floor so I got a great view of the storm too, it never occurs to me to break out my camera.

11. Wow, that's amazing! Glad you guys are ok though!! I'd absolutely love to see a tornado like that, I too, am a little bit o' crazy when it comes to mother nature, haha. I think the Tornado Song schmoyoho did was pretty funny, makes the actuality of it seem less intense that way.