Almost purchased a Kristin hobo at Macy's

Went to Macy's in my area tonight. I was looking at the Kristin Hobo (small) in Raisin and Brown. I had the SA unlock the Raisin for me.
It was busy, and other people wanted help.
I wasn't sure if I would be able to wear it as
a shoulder bag, without it falling of my shoulder. The SA was carrying
it as a crossbody. Does the Kristin sit well on the shoulder? With the clearance price and f&f it would be $189. Also thinking about going to the outlet, I might be able to get it for less money. Also I was undecided about the Brown & Raisin.

I actually purchased one at Macy's and ended up returning it because it just slouched too much for me. Also, I'm only 5'3 and with the long strap as crossbody it still hung too long.

I was really disappointed too because I think the design of the Kristin hobo is beautiful, but it just doesn't hang very well IMO. Just a suggestion, but you may want to try the small satchel, they are very pretty and you are able to wear it on the shoulder, etc. and it holds a nice, constructed shape. The cost at my outlet for those was $200 + tax (which includes 30% off and 20% coupon).

As far as the price goes the outlets have them for $169 + tax (which includes 30% off and 20% coupon) so the prices are pretty close.

I wish you luck in deciding. :smile:

I am even shorter than you, 5'1, the crossbody strap would be to long for me too.
I agree the style of the Kristin is very pretty. I like the idea of a satchel, this
way I could carry it on my shoulder. I think I am going to wait, until I go to
the outlet. Thank you so much. You helped me with my decision. I appreciate it :smile:

Choc, have you tried wearing the shorter handle on your shoulder? I'm also 5'3" and that's the way I wear it. When I load my stuff in it and wear it that way, it has a really nice slouch to it. It never falls off my shoulder this way either.

Good luck on your decision!

Choc, have you tried wearing the shorter handle on your shoulder? I'm also 5'3" and that's the way I wear it. When I load my stuff in it and wear it that way, it has a really nice slouch to it. It never falls off my shoulder this way either.

Good luck on your decision!

When I tried it on in the store, I was kind of rushed. The sales person
was waiting for me to decide, she had other people who needed help too.
When I put it on my shoulder, it fell off. Maybe because I did not have
anything in it. Also I was undecided about the color. There was a raisin
and a brown. I might go back to the store and look at it again.
Thanks for the input! :biggrin: